Is This Speeding Ticket Appropriate?

Clyde

And I am willing to debate this harder than any debate I have ever been involved in. Speeding tickets are stupid and nothing more

than an easy way for money to be made off of us all. Speeding tickets are stupid, inappropriate and unnecessary.

Bring it. I'm ready.

How are you supposed to deter people from driving too fast if there are no consequences for their actions?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, is the war on speed really working?:banana:

Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket?

Do you slow down now when you see a police officer on the side of the road?

Do you have an unlimited amount of money for tickets/fines? How many points have you accumulated on your license? Do you still have your license?

Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket?

Do you slow down now when you see a police officer on the side of the road?

Do you have an unlimited amount of money for tickets/fines? How many points have you accumulated on your license? Do you still have your license?

Did the sarcasm airmail you?

How are you supposed to deter people from driving too fast if there are no consequences for their actions?

For starters tickets don't deter people from driving fast. Insurance rates do. For the most part common sense rules the day for most drivers and people want to get from point A to point B as safely as possible. You know when people slow down? When they see the cop on the side of the road. Otherwise a majority of folks are speeding.

For starters tickets don't deter people from driving fast. Insurance rates do. For the most part common sense rules the day for most drivers and people want to get from point A to point B as safely as possible. You know when people slow down? When they see the cop on the side of the road. Otherwise a majority of folks are speeding.

Is this fact or just your opinion?

I would argue that the ones that do get caught aren't too happy about a $200+ ticket with court costs and are more conscientious about slowing down in the future.

Do you have any suggestions for slowing people down that would work better?