Bengals 23 Jets 22

I think you are 100% right, this is a big win. With Burfict and Eifert out, we needed this one.

Good point. Winning with those two out makes this win even better.

Side note ... HB, you can rant all you want about McCarron but it is a waste of energy because he is not going to see the field unless Dalton is injured. End of story.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't wank them to blitz every down, just a little more. I hate it on semi long yardage, that the QB has all day and usually finds someone. Don't get me wrong, our defense is not that bad.

You have to learn to realize that is the Bengals identity. Some defenses are blitzing defenses, some are great run defenses. The Bengals are not great in any one area on defense. However they have found their identity. They are a team who relies on their front four and not allowing the big play. They may give up a few intermediate size plays, but they don't seem to give up the huge momentum changing plays.

The Bengals last year were a team that held the great steelers offense to under 19 points last year, and held the Jets offense which will be a top 10 offense to 22 points and held one of the top wr tandems in check.

As I have also mentioned honestly the Bengals aren't a good blitzing team anyways when they do blitz. They seem to get gashes more times than not on their blitzes. This team is not built to be a blitzing team and doesn't have the linebackers who are built for it either. Honestly their biggest problem is they need to upgrade their nose tackle and sadly the guy we drafted got hurt. However blitzing more is not this teams identity plus they honestly aren't great at it.

Next week scares me.

I'm reminded of a feedback comment on Ratemyprofessor.com once. Someone wrote about a professor he had just taken in an English class: "She already hates you." Seems like you are already expecting the worst out of Dalton and the boys, even before the kickoff begins. 90+% of your comments are negative during the game (don't get me wrong, I completely understand the skepticism based on past history) :) However, let's be frank, the Bengals have one of the top QB's in the league.

Nor should he. Dalton is an All-Pro caliber QB.

His inability to go through progressions is still a concern when teams take his number one read away. Also play in big games under the lights is still a concern too. He has won many big 1 and 4 o'clock games. So the main concerns for him are still there.

What will be interesting is how he does when teams take away his first read of Green. One thing I don't think people can argue is Dalton is very smart and makes good pre snap reads and can hit his first read when open. One thing he does not do great is going through progressions and also throwing a wr open when they are guarded. Those two areas were areas McCarron is good at though, going through progressions and throwing a wr open. We seen that a few times in his starts last year and especially against the Broncos.

So there are things to like with both, which is a great thing for the Bengals. With that said Lewis has never benched a qb, so even if bad Dalton shows up, he will be the starter all year this year unless an injury happens.

I felt great about Dalton for the most part today... First regular season game with Lafell and Boyd, not to mention a back-up tight end....

No way they're all on the same page yet like Jones, Sanu and Eiffert were...

Yet, even with his center being knocked back into him all day, Dalton managed to make several big-time throws on the road in a very emotional environment...

Keep it up Andy!

I felt great about Dalton for the most part today... First regular season game with Lafell and Boyd, not to mention a back-up tight end....

No way they're all on the same page yet like Jones, Sanu and Eiffert were...

Yet, even with his center being knocked back into him all day, Dalton managed to make several big-time throws on the road in a very emotional environment...

Keep it up Andy!

All things considered, he played very well today!!!

I always love when people complain about our defense, and blitzing more, etc. Do you all realize most nfl fan bases would love to have our defense compared to theirs? The Jets probably will be a top 10 offense and we held them to 22 points. Also for the people who hate the secondary, you all realize they held one of the best wr tandems in the nfl to 5 total catches on 15 targets. While the Jets blitzed alot and had sacks, they allowed one wr to tear them apart, and allowed the Bengals to drive for the winning td.

I know with us being Bengal fans, we live on every single play, and any little thing that doesn't go right seems magnified to us. However in reality the majority of nfl fan bases have it a lot worst with their defense.

Peko is still horrible though, but the Bengals will also get one of the best linebackers in football back in 2 weeks. So the defense should look crisper than today, and even today it wasn't as horrible as people make it, and at the end of the day was better than the Jets defense too.

Wasn't all Peki's fault. Dunlap and then Hunt were going straight up field out of a wide 9 alignment. Neither was pinching in and Peki refused to make pile at the point of the outside pressure. That is an easy fix, fortunately.

Look at who makes the Pro Bowl. Every starting QB in the league is basically a All Pro caliber QB. Look at who played last year in the pro bowl,Matt Stafford, Andrew Luck(horrible season he had)Matt Ryan.

I agree last year Dalton had MVP type of a year. Doesn't men I can't like AJ McCarron who was able to do whatDalton never could do in the playoffs. I'm happy we have2 good QBs. Just don't get upset because I like AJ.