Bengals 23 Jets 22

I take everything anyone says about wanting AJ over Andy with a grain of salt. Andy is a top 10 QB in the league and its about time people start admitting that. If it wasn't for Cam Newton being a freak last year and Andy getting hurt Week 14, he was the MVP last year. The playoff wins will come, but Andy has consistently gotten better every year and week 1 was just a continuation of that. In the meantime quit with the Andy bashing.

I think there is a huge misconception when it comes to Andy and my feelings about him. Let me clear that up now.

I have said last year and this that Andy had a MVP type season last year. I said it was the best year he's had since becoming a NFL qb.

I never said this year that I thinkhe is horrible.

What I did say is I have faith in AJ and if AJ had to come in I wouldn't be upset. I think he is a natural born leader and has a lot of grit.

Who do I want starting next week against the Steelers? Andy Dalton

Who did I want starting in the playoff game last year? Andy Dalton

But because AJ was starting in that playoff game I didn't feel like we had no chance like many others on here did. Just because someone likes AJ McCarron doesn't mean we don't want Andy Dalton leading us to a Super Bowl title.

People need to understand that.

In Daltons 2-4 seasons as a Bengal he showed a lot of problems he needed to work on. A lot of us agreed last season was going to be his year to show if he can be that franchise QB or not. Even the Bengals with how they structured his contract had some of the same doubts others had and it was up to Andy to prove he cold do what we hoped he could do and last year he did just that.

So for people who have continually misunderstood how I feel about Andy I hope that clears it up. I want Andy to be our starter and win us a SB, I also have faith in AJ McCarron and know I feel confident in his abilities if he is called upon.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there is a huge misconception when it comes to Andy and my feelings about him. Let me clear that up now.

I have said last year and this that Andy had a MVP type season last year. I said it was the best year he's had since becoming a NFL qb.

What I did say is I have faith in AJ and if AJ had to come in I wouldn't be upset. I think he is a natural born leader and has a lot of grit.

But because AJ was starting in that playoff game I didn't feel like we had no chance like many others on here did. Just because someone likes AJ McCarron doesn't mean we don't want Andy Dalton leading us to a Super Bowl title.

In Daltons 2-4 seasons as a Bengal he showed a lot of problems he needed to work on. A lot of us agreed last season was going to be his year to show if he can be that franchise QB or not. Even the Bengals with how they structured his contract had some of the same doubts others had and it was up to Andy to prove he cold do what we hoped he could do and last year he did just that.

So for people who have continually misunderstood how I feel about Andy I hope that clears it up. I want Andy to be our starter and win us a SB, I also have faith in AJ McCarron and know I feel confident in his abilities if he is called upon.

Thanks for clearing that up. I totally have the same faith in AJ to get it done if called upon. But I think I and several other take your talk about AJ as lack of faith in Andy whether it be subdued or not.

This may be the biggest flip-flop post in the history of the site.

Said it last year too, said he was having MVP season last year. People just choose to be selective when they bring up past posts.

I'm not in the mood to argue, but what you type is your history. That can't be erased with a "ok, he's not as bad as I once thought" post. Just sayin'. Glad you're happy with him. I think he's solid.

I'm not in the mood to argue, but what you type is your history. That can't be erased with a "ok, he's not as bad as I once thought" post. Just sayin'. Glad you're happy with him. I think he's solid.

I have slammed Dalton a ton in the past and deservedly so in many cases prior to last season. I never backed away from that. I also have given credit where credit is due last year.

Question for you though, why can't we go back to posts from last year? I was searching past posts but it only goes back so far. I thought we could go back several years on here, has that changed?

I have slammed Dalton a ton in the past and deservedly so in many cases prior to last season. I never backed away from that. I also have given credit where credit is due last year.

Question for you though, why can't we go back to posts from last year? I was searching past posts but it only goes back so far. I thought we could go back several years on here, has that changed?

No clue, I'll see if I can find out.

No, you called for AJ to come in yesterday despite Dalton playing very well.

Funny how some on here are so quick to point fingers that I'm the one who says negative things about Dalton while ignoring their own posts in that thread. SMH

Here are some posts by someone else, won't give names but just pointing out facts so if you live in a glass house don't throw stones.

"Bengals go backwards and then Dalton throws a terrible pass for an INT."

"Not a great start for the Bengals. Hill goes no where on 1st, Dalton completes to Green on 2nd for 9 but pass was wide and Green had to go to the ground to catch, false start on 3rd and then a timeout."

"They should put Aj Mccarron in. See how he does." That wasn't me either, but here is my reply to that post

"I know you're joking but I would never have a issue with AJ playing." - that is my post

and the reply to my reply

"I wasn't joking. I think he's confident. Something the Bengals lack. I think they should give him a shot if Dalton keeps this up."

Some more posts from someone other than me

"Dalton is panicked."

"Daltons pocket presence is subpar at best this early on.

He's as skiddish as a foot soldier at a fireworks display!

The o-line is giving him a pocket. He's too quick to bail..."

"Fitz will stand in and take a hit to get a completion. Dalton runs scared."

"Throw the ball! That is definitely on Dalton."

"That throw was very poor."

again, smh. If people are going to call out others at least admit to your own.

In all fairness I admit I was ready to give up on Dalton before last season. However I should have stuck with my original stance on Dalton that it was to early to give up on Dalton and how it took till year 4 before Brees ever became a good qb. So I am mad for not sticking it out one more year with him before I gave up on him before last year lol.

The Bengals are in a great qb situation with two starting caliber qbs.

Funny how some on here are so quick to point fingers that I'm the one who says negative things about Dalton while ignoring their own posts in that thread. SMH

Here are some posts by someone else, won't give names but just pointing out facts so if you live in a glass house don't throw stones.

"Not a great start for the Bengals. Hill goes no where on 1st, Dalton completes to Green on 2nd for 9 but pass was wide and Green had to go to the ground to catch, false start on 3rd and then a timeout."

"They should put Aj Mccarron in. See how he does." That wasn't me either, but here is my reply to that post

"I know you're joking but I would never have a issue with AJ playing." - that is my post

and the reply to my reply

"I wasn't joking. I think he's confident. Something the Bengals lack. I think they should give him a shot if Dalton keeps this up."

Some more posts from someone other than me

"Dalton is panicked."

"Daltons pocket presence is subpar at best this early on.

He's as skiddish as a foot soldier at a fireworks display!

The o-line is giving him a pocket. He's too quick to bail..."

"Fitz will stand in and take a hit to get a completion. Dalton runs scared."

"Throw the ball! That is definitely on Dalton."

"That throw was very poor."

again, smh. If people are going to call out others at least admit to your own.

Bengals did go backwards and Dalton did throw a terrible INT.

Dalton did throw wide of Green on second down and Green did have to go to the ground for the catch.

Dalton was panicked. Which coincides with my post right before that the O Line blocking was terrible.

Dalton did run scared from a few hits while Fitz did stand in and take a hit.

That sack was on Dalton. Plenty of time to throw the ball away.

Dalton did make a very poor throw.

I'm pretty sure all those are statements of fact. But nice try in diverting the topic in which you called for AJ McCarron to come into the game. That's what my post was about. You didn't post "if AJ comes in I wouldn't be upset," you called for him to be put into the game.

If you're going to challenge my posts, atleast make sure you are comparing apples to apples and not apples to avocados.

Bengals did go backwards and Dalton did throw a terrible INT.

Dalton did throw wide of Green on second down and Green did have to go to the ground for the catch.

Dalton was panicked. Which coincides with my post right before that the O Line blocking was terrible.

Dalton did run scared from a few hits while Fitz did stand in and take a hit.

That sack was on Dalton. Plenty of time to throw the ball away.

Dalton did make a very poor throw.

I'm pretty sure all those are statements of fact. But nice try in diverting the topic in which you called for AJ McCarron to come into the game. That's what my post was about. You didn't post "if AJ comes in I wouldn't be upset," you called for him to be put into the game.

If you're going to challenge my posts, atleast make sure you are comparing apples to apples and not apples to avocados.

I was simply pointing out that in the heat of the moment during games we talk about what is happening at that moment. Your posts about Dalton weren't all positive actually the majority of your posts about Dalton were negative. And yes I did post "if AJ comes in I wouldn't be upset". Go back and read the first sev I'd be more than happy to show you that very post. When I posted that in this thread I simply cut and pasted.

So if I get this right, it is fine for you to say negative things about Dalton because you can simply blame me for saying those things. Smh.

Btw, post 18

http://bluegrasspreps.com/national-football-league/bengals-jets-upadates-332874-page2.html#post6035787

I also said near the end of the game when we were down I have more confidence with AJ to come in and get the win. It's how I felt at that moment. You know, same as you when you trashed Dalton "at the moment"

I was simply pointing out that in the heat of the moment during games we talk about what is happening at that moment. Your posts about Dalton weren't all positive actually the majority of your posts about Dalton were negative. And yes I did post "if AJ comes in I wouldn't be upset". Go back and read the first sev I'd be more than happy to show you that very post. When I posted that in this thread I simply cut and pasted.

So if I get this right, it is fine for you to say negative things about Dalton because you can simply blame me for saying those things. Smh.

I have absolutely no issue with posting something negative if it's called for. I have no problem with you saying something like "terrible pass by Dalton" or anything like that. What I called you out on in this thread is your fake support of Dalton as the starting QB.

Look at what you posted at 2:09pm yesterday in the update thread and explain how that shows your support of Dalton. And how that is just saying "I wouldn't be upset if AJ came in."

You posted in this thread that you want Dalton to be the starting QB when yesterday you were calling for him to be benched. That's all I was pointing out.

I have absolutely no issue with posting something negative if it's called for. I have no problem with you saying something like "terrible pass by Dalton" or anything like that. What I called you out on in this thread is your fake support of Dalton as the starting QB.

Look at what you posted at 2:09pm yesterday in the update thread and explain how that shows your support of Dalton. And how that is just saying "I wouldn't be upset if AJ came in."

You posted in this thread that you want Dalton to be the starting QB when yesterday you were calling for him to be benched. That's all I was pointing out.

So it's ok for you to say something negative about Dalton but I can't. You still deny I even posted what I posted in post 18.

The hypocriscy of some on here is baffling.

So everything you said about Dalton is showing your support for him. What a joke.

So glad you completely ignore again the positive posts I made about him.

Don't talk to me about being fake until you learn the meaning of hypocrisy. Don't call me out and act as if you weren't even worse in that thread about Dalton...oh I forgot, you can say he did something bad but as long as you don't mention AJ it's all good.smh.

Do me a favor, show me anywhere in that thread where I said AJ should be our starter. You claimed I said that. Show me!!!!!!

Do You know the difference between coming in off the bench and starting?