Johnson Central 35 South Point, OH 7

xyience

Overall, last night was a great time at the football field. Great win, great crowd and atmosphere. And if those of us that was there for the first game, we have some good freshman and jv teams coming up. There was a couple of players that I thought that didnt have a good game... however, when some of the better players have off nights and there team still wins 35 to 7. That shows how good the depth chart is for JC and gives the coaching staff more options on both sides of the ball.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! Great game by the Eagles. Some info for you guys they had a couple linemen sidelined but i think some will be back next week. I was in a argument with some guy about beflry being better than JC. From what i see starting off JC is better on both sides of the ball. What do you all think?

WOW! Great game by the Eagles. Some info for you guys they had a couple linemen sidelined but i think some will be back next week. I was in a argument with some guy about beflry being better than JC. From what i see starting off JC is better on both sides of the ball. What do you all think?

South Point is better than Belfry.

I dont know. Its hard to get things out of scrimmages and i know that for a fact. In Bill Tom Ross's first year JC scrimmaged Belfry and gave Belfry all they could handle and more. Later on the year Belfry won the state title. Then in JC's second scrimmage they played Covington Holmes down at Morehead State and in what was supposed to be a Varsity scrimmage, Holmes wanted to use freshman in the 2nd half because they were being dominated so bad by JC. To make a long story short JC had a 2-8 season while both teams they beat in scrimmages had successful seasons. Dont put to much stock in scrimmages is all im trying to point out. As to answer your question on who is better, JC or Belfry, i think that it is hard to say. JC appears to be better but some would say that Belfry is better. I for one hope that this can be resolved next year in a regular season game with the ability to play so many none district games. Until then i believe the comparison between the two is pure speculation.

I dont know. Its hard to get things out of scrimmages and i know that for a fact. In Bill Tom Ross's first year JC scrimmaged Belfry and gave Belfry all they could handle and more. Later on the year Belfry won the state title. Then in JC's second scrimmage they played Covington Holmes down at Morehead State and in what was supposed to be a Varsity scrimmage, Holmes wanted to use freshman in the 2nd half because they were being dominated so bad by JC. To make a long story short JC had a 2-8 season while both teams they beat in scrimmages had successful seasons. Dont put to much stock in scrimmages is all im trying to point out. As to answer your question on who is better, JC or Belfry, i think that it is hard to say. JC appears to be better but some would say that Belfry is better. I for one hope that this can be resolved next year in a regular season game with the ability to play so many none district games. Until then i believe the comparison between the two is pure speculation.

I sure hope JC is better than Belfry...otherwise the Ashland game may not turn out like we JC fans expect.

I sure hope JC is better than Belfry...otherwise the Ashland game may not turn out like we JC fans expect.

How do you think that game would've turned out anywhere except Putnam Stadium? That's all I've got to say about that. And that game this year is NOT at Putnam Stadium.

How do you think that game would've turned out anywhere except Putnam Stadium? That's all I've got to say about that. And that game this year is NOT at Putnam Stadium.

With Belfry losing 4 of 6 fumbles it would have turned out exactly the same as it did at Putnam.

And another thing...obviously Belfry was not very confident in it's ability to stop Ashland from scoring or they would have gone for the tie instead of the win in overtime.

I respectfully disagree with this assessment for the following reasons: Belfry had already missed an extra point, and their chances of hitting the one were probably not much better than their chances of hitting the two. If the kicker is a sure thing, I'd go for the tie then, but when you've got May and you've already run for over three hundred yards in the game...why try the kick, which only gives you a chance to tie and is by no means assured, when you can try for the win from three yards out when you've been pounding them all night long?

Only my humble opinion. Feel free to disregard it.

I was reading a preview on The Herald Dispatch (Huntington) online earlier, and didn't realize that most of the South Point players were seniors (like, 15 of them), who helped this team rebuild, and have big goals. No wonder they hung in there, because all I kept hearing was a QB and little else. I think we were all a little surpirsed that it was 14-7 at the half, and South Point drove 70 yeards and took 8+ minutes in the second Q. I'll be watching this team, because if they made the Ohio playoffs last year, they certainly should this year. Noticed that they play Greenup at Greenup later in the year too.