Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

USF Men's Basketball Program Under NCAA Investigation

Featured Replies

For academic fraud. Oliver Antigua has resigned.

 

Caught me completely by surprise. Didn't know anything about this, with work and all. However, I just got a call out of the blue from a university representative in the AD's office to let me know what's going on. Apparently, they're calling all of the donors, so this appears to be serious.

 

I'm sure gametime will probably be all over this, if he's not already on the phone with USFCollin.

 

I kind of feel sick at the stomach.

Didn't he just take over the program last year?

Didn't he just take over the program last year?

 

Yeah, Orlando Antigua took over two years ago. His brother is the assistant who resigned.

Got word of something big brewing last week while on the road scouting. Hate to hear it because I think highly of the Antigua brothers. Hopefully orlando can survive it and get that program going. Tough task at the moment...

If I was USF I'd deny, deny, deny. It worked for UNC. Of course USF doesn't have the name recognition that UNC does so they will get hammered.

Didn't the NCAA say they have no jurisdiction on academics for players in college ?

Swampy, you it is not over you paying the players?

  • Author
Swampy, you it is not over you paying the players?

 

I admit it. I give enough to cover the stipend of one player. :D

 

I'm upset because of all of the people who have left the athletics staff in the last year. Most were not replaced and a major shuffle has taken place. Mark Harlan had been preaching academics and the compliance department, since he got here. Where the heck were they at?

 

It's going to be interesting if Mark shows at the Bulls Rally on the 30th. He's been to the last 2. If he does show, you guys can watch. I'm streaming the event. :banana:

I admit it. I give enough to cover the stipend of one player. :D

 

I'm upset because of all of the people who have left the athletics staff in the last year. Most were not replaced and a major shuffle has taken place. Mark Harlan had been preaching academics and the compliance department, since he got here. Where the heck were they at?

 

It's going to be interesting if Mark shows at the Bulls Rally on the 30th. He's been to the last 2. If he does show, you guys can watch. I'm streaming the event. :banana:

 

Good luck Swampy. I know it is near and dear to you!

If I was USF I'd deny, deny, deny. It worked for UNC. Of course USF doesn't have the name recognition that UNC does so they will get hammered.

 

If that does happen USF should appeal, appeal, appeal.

  • Author

Chris Fisher of CatsPause is reporting that South Florida is working on buyout for Orlando Antigua.

 

New Mexico basketball blog--The Lobo Lair--is reporting that South Florida is working on a buyout for head coach Orlando Antigua.

 

Follow

The LoboLair @TheLoboLair

Heard from multiple people South Florida is working on buyout for Antigua.

11:12 PM - 27 Jul 2016 · Albuquerque, NM, United States

2 2 Retweets 3 3 likes

 

Get the latest UK news sent straight to your inbox with our FREE NEWSLETTER

 

The Bulls are currently under NCAA investigation for academic fraud and Antigua's brother, Oliver, a USF assistant, has already resigned.

 

Antigua worked as an assistant under John Calipari for a total of six seasons, five at Kentucky, before taking the job at South Florida in the spring of 2014. Former Calipari assistant Rod Strickland is also a member of Antigua’s coaching staff.

 

Lobo Lair listed former Virginia Tech coach and ESPN analyst Seth Greenberg and former UNLV coach Dave Rice as potential replacements.

 

Why would The Lobo Lair have any links inside the USF program?

 

Seth Greenburg? That shipped sailed ages ago, and David Rice has already turned them down once.

 

Being a Bulls fan, I can smell the barn a mile away and this reeks like standing in the stall with Rocky.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.