June 18, 201610 yr Fair question. We can start by actually enforcing the many laws already on the books. I can get on board with more background checks (however this last shooter passed three if I recall correctly). I think we need to stop handing out psychotropic drugs like they're candy. We can see to it that the mandatory penalty for using a firearm in the commission of a violent crime is stringent. We need to do something to end leniency and revolving door justice. Criminals need to know that the penalty for using a gun in a violent crime isn't just a mere threat, but swift, certain, severe punishment. We need to stop being PC and stop worrying about offending people based on their lineage or religion. This last shooter was on the radar and possibly slipped through the cracks because of what I just said needs to stop. This last shooting should have been stopped before it ever happened. Now, there will still be those that won't care. Criminals are such because they don't care about laws and as I've said often, you can't regulate a sick mind. Radical terrorists will always find a way until we find a way to completely eliminate them. But I think what I listed will do more than any ban will ever do. I hate to break it to you, but talk of bans have created a swell in the popularity. I work with two guys that just bought an AR because they think a ban is coming. The gun dealers I've talked to say sales are up every time a ban gets mentioned. So, in essence, people like yourself and our Democrats in the limelight are responsible for the increase of modern sporting rifles out there. The world isn't more dangerous because of MSRs, it's more dangerous because we as a nation seem to want band-aid legislation rather than to crack down on criminals and terrorists. Nice. I like that response rather than let's just look at the Muslims. Take the kid from Indiana who was caught before he did the same thing in LA. He was on probation for terroristic threatening with a firearm. He should not have had guns after that conviction. But he was smacked on the wrist and hypothetically would have killed more than the Orlando shooter if someone hadn't have jogged by his car and saw the weapon in plain sight. I asked this in another thread. Doesn't this stuff fall under the Homeland Security umbrella? Coordination of different law enforcement groups in order to enforce the laws on the books seems extremely necessary. As far as the ban is concerned. I agree. The fact the weapons came back after the ban and crazies continue to use them and on the left we continue to villianize them they have become more and more popular. You're welcome :idunno:.
June 18, 201610 yr Nice. I like that response rather than let's just look at the Muslims. Take the kid from Indiana who was caught before he did the same thing in LA. He was on probation for terroristic threatening with a firearm. He should not have had guns after that conviction. But he was smacked on the wrist and hypothetically would have killed more than the Orlando shooter if someone hadn't have jogged by his car and saw the weapon in plain sight. I asked this in another thread. Doesn't this stuff fall under the Homeland Security umbrella? Coordination of different law enforcement groups in order to enforce the laws on the books seems extremely necessary. As far as the ban is concerned. I agree. The fact the weapons came back after the ban and crazies continue to use them and on the left we continue to villianize them they have become more and more popular. You're welcome :idunno:. We seem to have found some common ground and I also think homegrown terrorists are as much a problem as any other. Now, if only our government can do the same and look at the problem and not the object. Again, we agree. One would think they could coordinate the different law enforcement groups and enforce the laws we have in place. If we'd try to go after the problem and not the object there would have never been a ban or repeal of said ban. If people would stop fear-mongering the popularity wouldn't be so high. Why am I welcome? I'm not a gun dealer or gun manufacturer.
June 18, 201610 yr The problem that we face is that most of the mass murderers are ready and willing to die. So the threat of harsher penalties will have no effect on the guy who is willing to trade his life for yours. It might stop the occasional murder but will do nothing for the mass killers.
June 18, 201610 yr The problem that we face is that most of the mass murderers are ready and willing to die. So the threat of harsher penalties will have no effect on the guy who is willing to trade his life for yours. It might stop the occasional murder but will do nothing for the mass killers. I don't disagree, but I still think we need swift, harsh laws for guns being used for violent crimes. I also think that gun free zones are a target rich environment for these sick individuals and we need to do something about gun free zones. The problem with things like clubs as in the last attack is guns and alcohol don't mix.
June 18, 201610 yr I don't disagree, but I still think we need swift, harsh laws for guns being used for violent crimes. I also think that gun free zones are a target rich environment for these sick individuals and we need to do something about gun free zones. The problem with things like clubs as in the last attack is guns and alcohol don't mix. Agree.
June 21, 201610 yr There a is law that needs to be repealed. It isn't found on the bill of rights though. But if were trying to save lives start with #1 on the list. If your for letting that go don't tell me you care about murder and people dying. Your argument is invalid. Shutup about my guns.
June 22, 201610 yr [ATTACH]56582[/ATTACH] There a is law that needs to be repealed. It isn't found on the bill of rights though. But if were trying to save lives start with #1 on the list. If your for letting that go don't tell me you care about murder and people dying. Your argument is invalid. Shutup about my guns. This might be the post of the year!
June 22, 201610 yr There a is law that needs to be repealed. It isn't found on the bill of rights though. But if were trying to save lives start with #1 on the list. If your for letting that go don't tell me you care about murder and people dying. Your argument is invalid. Shutup about my guns. Inconvenient truth. It's always and only about control and that's all.
June 23, 201610 yr And our media will lie about anything to advance the agenda. Firing an AR-15 is horrifying, menacing and very very loud - NY Daily News "The recoil bruised my shoulder, which can happen if you don't know what you're doing." "Even in semi-automatic mode, it is very simple to squeeze off two dozen rounds before you even know what has happened." Note - there is a video at the link that shows the author firing at the gun range. It shows him only firing in semi-automatic mode. No footage of any full automatic shooting. And it looks like the magazine is a 20-round or less. Not 100% positive. As for a bruised shoulder....
June 23, 201610 yr The way the freeze-frame on that video ^ looks, it seems as if the one kid is resting the gun upon a much smaller kid, who has his/her legs rolled way back. And perhaps double-jointed. Anyway, just looks weird.
June 23, 201610 yr The way the freeze-frame on that video ^ looks, it seems as if the one kid is resting the gun upon a much smaller kid, who has his/her legs rolled way back. And perhaps double-jointed. Anyway, just looks weird. I hear ya... it looked twisted to me at first glance too.
June 23, 201610 yr And our media will lie about anything to advance the agenda. Firing an AR-15 is horrifying, menacing and very very loud - NY Daily News "The recoil bruised my shoulder, which can happen if you don't know what you're doing." "Even in semi-automatic mode, it is very simple to squeeze off two dozen rounds before you even know what has happened." Note - there is a video at the link that shows the author firing at the gun range. It shows him only firing in semi-automatic mode. No footage of any full automatic shooting. And it looks like the magazine is a 20-round or less. Not 100% positive. As for a bruised shoulder.... Don't forget that this "journalist" said that firing the AR-15 gave him a temporary case of PTSD.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.