Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why It's Time to Repeal The 2nd Amendment

Featured Replies

They probably are to an extent. However so is the pro-gun crowd.

 

That idea that making it more difficult to own a specific type of weapon or restricting ownership of a specific weapon means that he government is coming to collect your guns and a complete repeal of the 2nd amendment is right around the corner is simply not true and nothing more than fear-mongering.

 

It does occur from both sides I completely agree with that.

 

What's the title of this thread? Is that a pro 2nd amendmenter isn't fear mongering there?

  • Replies 375
  • Views 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And yet we all still survived, and folks still owned guns...

 

Yet there were still killings by people that don't care about laws or bans and law abiding citizens rights were infringed.

So much so that quite a while back, someone (I can't remember if it was me or not but I don't think so) posited that if a gun ban that guaranteed a total absence of gun violence were to occur, could we get behind it.

 

That turned out to be too horrible to even contemplate.

 

62302371.jpg

The bull may be the fact that nothing is ever done on this issue before or after a shooting.

 

I really thought this one would have motivated the right to move: a Muslim uses a gun to mass murder allegedly in the name of ISIS. But I guess not.

 

I thought it would have motivated the left to start looking at the crime/act and criminal/terrorist rather than the gun, but I should have known better.

Like all congressional compromises that one was flawed. Rather than fix adjust it, we chose to repeal it. Great plan.

 

Repealing it was the right decision.

Where did I say that? I was addressing you wanting to scrap the Constitution.

 

Nice try though.

 

That's been part of my narrative. I get lost in the posts sometimes. My bad.

I thought it would have motivated the left to start looking at the crime/act and criminal/terrorist rather than the gun, but I should have known better.

 

I'm listening what do we need to do to start looking at the criminal/terrorist?

 

Repealing it was the right decision.

 

Unfortunately repealing the ban has created a swell in the popularity. There are more out there and the world is more dangerous because of it.

In theory this sounds great but if you are in American citizen you have the right to due process. You can not take a right without said due process. It's more scary to me to give a government the right to take away a right without due process or proof of guilt.

 

Now the way around this specific case would be for the president to declare war on these groups and anyone who openly supported those groups could be charged with treason.

 

I'd be fine with that. That makes sense.

Like I said, it has made us the greatest nation on Earth. Let's just flush it though.

 

Besides, there is no one in DC smart enough to write a new one.

 

Should we not be striving to be better?

 

No argument there.

Any resistance to these suggestions shouldn't be met with responses like this if progress is what you want.

 

I've made nothing but reasonable comments. None have been rude in aby way.

 

I'm searching for solutions and all everyone is saying is nope, nah, can't happen. The suggestion you made in the post I just quoted was what Hammertime said initially and that point I jumped in and began defending. The No Fly list needs to be revamped for it to have a true effect. It's like that part of the conversation was skipped over and reverted back to the nope, nah, can't happen conversation.

There are millions of people with guns in the US who never do anything wrong with them. Why can't they be trusted?

 

They can be trusted. I trust them.

When we let the actions of the vast minority (.0001% of the population) determine the freedoms of the rest of us, we have already lost as a country.

 

Issues like this need to be dealt with as what they are, as either a terrorist or criminal case.

 

As for the attack on AR-15's and other similar firearms, they make up less than 2% of all murders in a year. 5 times more people are killed by knives each year than by rifles of all types including the evil looking black guns.

 

I get it, when a tragedy happens we all want to feel safe and want to do something to ensure that tragedy never happens again. Folks the problem isn't what kind of gun someone is carrying, it's what is driving them to commit the crime. The object used to kill is just their instrument of death. If one object is removed then another will easily replace it.

I'm searching for solutions and all everyone is saying is nope, nah, can't happen. The suggestion you made in the post I just quoted was what Hammertime said initially and that point I jumped in and began defending. The No Fly list needs to be revamped for it to have a true effect. It's like that part of the conversation was skipped over and reverted back to the nope, nah, can't happen conversation.

 

That's because you're talking about taking away people's constitutional rights. It's not something everyone takes lightly because we know the government isn't always trustworthy.

When we let the actions of the vast minority (.0001% of the population) determine the freedoms of the rest of us, we have already lost as a country.

 

Issues like this need to be dealt with as what they are, as either a terrorist or criminal case.

 

As for the attack on AR-15's and other similar firearms, they make up less than 2% of all murders in a year. 5 times more people are killed by knives each year than by rifles of all types including the evil looking black guns.

 

I get it, when a tragedy happens we all want to feel safe and want to do something to ensure that tragedy never happens again. Folks the problem isn't what kind of gun someone is carrying, it's what is driving them to commit the crime. The object used to kill is just their instrument of death. If one object is removed then another will easily replace it.

 

That goes for everything. A minority does wrong and ruins it for everybody.

 

The problem with us lefties is the AR15 type weapons are efficient killers. It's a fact that can't be denied. If they were banned the next weapon would not be as dangerous.

 

How do we address those who do these things?

How do you change the hearts of men?

In all seriousness we aren't just talking about ISIS inspired attacks, we have our own problems here with hatred.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.