Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shooting At Gay Night Club In Orlando

Featured Replies

Agreed!

 

I don't care if I have to spend a little extra money for better classes for everyone , as well as more and deeper checks, as long as they are done properly and does not infringe on any innocent citizen wanting to protect themselves.

 

I'm not sure if you carry or not, but some members on BGP if I wasn't one to carry would really appreciate some let say like Run To State being armed at any establishment or event that I am at, as I know that he is stable and has at least some training, as well as being the type of person who would go out of their way to protect others.

 

100% agree with the first part.

 

 

I understand that line of thinking. My worry is for every RTS there are 10 Rambo wannabes. Which is why I don't think arming more of the general population is a legit solution.

  • Replies 728
  • Views 54.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just read a Harvard study out last year: for every woman who is able to stave off an attacker with a gun another 83 are murdered. The article stated there will be studies upcoming to focus but 1:83. If I were a woman I wouldn't want a gun in the house

 

Does that study conclude that the 83 murder victims would all be alive today had they not tried to defend themselves?

Are you being serious?

 

See post 464. What reasons did they have not to approve his background check? Thats where I was going with this. Not that a background checks stops anyone from obtaining a firearm in an illegal manner.

If you NEED an AR-15 for home defense, you need to move. You either live in Iraq or have a hoard of zombies running around your neighborhood.

 

Last month I finally got my Sig Swat 556, a couple thousand rounds to start out as well. To be honest, the first thing I'll grab at home if needed would be one of my 9mm pistols. Maybe they would be a situation where I'd prefer the 556, I don't know.

Or just a veteran that properly knows how to hand the rifle or just prefers it over the handgun.

 

Nope. Need was specifically stated.

 

Victim blamer.

 

:lol2:

Explain to me how adding a gun to that situation makes it better.

 

Stopped me from possibly getting mugged a few months ago.

Come on' date=' JA. Training won't take those numbers down to where they need to be. At best 1:41. Still despicable.[/quote']

 

Say a 240lbs guy breaks into your house while you're out of town to rape your women and daughter, you don't want her having a gun?

Come on, JA. Training won't take those numbers down to where they need to be. At best 1:41. Still despicable.

 

It is still better than nothing. I would rather have women who arm themselves to have been well educated and trained.

See post 464. What reasons did they have not to approve his background check? Thats where I was going with this. Not that a background checks stops anyone from obtaining a firearm in an illegal manner.

 

Investigated by the FBI twice.

 

Was on the watch-list.

 

The red flags were there.

Is the ban on political speak been lifted?

 

 

Don't pour anymore gasoline on this bonfire. :lol2:

Agreed!

 

I don't care if I have to spend a little extra money for better classes for everyone , as well as more and deeper checks, as long as they are done properly and does not infringe on any innocent citizen wanting to protect themselves.

 

I'm not sure if you carry or not, but some members on BGP if I wasn't one to carry would really appreciate some let say like Run To State being armed at any establishment or event that I am at, as I know that he is stable and has at least some training, as well as being the type of person who would go out of their way to protect others.

 

Right, if I am going to die, its with gun in hand, not in my holster.

Nope. Need was specifically stated.

 

Easy, I need to protect myself, I chose the AR over the handgun.

Investigated by the FBI twice.

 

Was on the watch-list.

 

The red flags were there.

 

Does any of that show up on the background check? I dont believe it does.

Stopped me from possibly getting mugged a few months ago.

 

I'm glad you made it away from that safely.

 

But I was referencing the specific situation here.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.