Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shooting At Gay Night Club In Orlando

Featured Replies

You just picked out my support for longer waits to argue. I had thorough background checks on my list which would obviously have to be financially supported.

 

But it's not going happen Hellcats. They will just add more laws to look good and not fully support it.

  • Replies 728
  • Views 54.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clearly something more is needed. This guy was investigated twice by the FBI, had been on their watch list, etc and the current process said he was okay to purchase a gun. That should have never been allowed.

 

In this case that's true he should have never been able to buy a firearm.

Couldnt you argue his intent was to harm them anyways, with or without a weapon.

 

Absolutely. I think that is a safe assumption to make.

 

However, you could argue that by being shot it angers him even more, pushing him to commit violence he wouldn't have otherwise.

In this case that's true he should have never been able to buy a firearm.

 

Why exactly?

False.

 

Me blaming the victims would have looked like this:

 

"If you can't get out of the situation you are in, it's your fault and you deserve whatever happens to you."

 

Suggesting that someone could re-evaluate things is not blaming the victims, unless your reading comprehension is just that terrible.

 

Hey, it's your story. Rewrite it any way you want.

Absolutely. I think that is a safe assumption to make.

 

However, you could argue that by being shot it angers him even more, pushing him to commit violence he wouldn't have otherwise.

 

Violent act is a violent act whether with a weapon or not.

If you have a sudden and immediate reason to need to protect yourself, maybe you should think about how you are living.

 

Wait just a minute...didn't you just post up in another thread about gang activity to send the youngsters to the Ville and, I'll paraphrase, see what's bangin's all about ?

 

Wouldn't that indicate an potential for an immediate need to protect oneself ?

 

I mean let's say I'm just tooling around by the river wanting to go to Ruby's to get a steak, and Bam...a gang mob breaks out and there's all kinds of heck breaking loose....

 

Immediate need ? I was just getting a piece of red meat...it may not be how you are living, couldn't it be where ? :sssh:

No one is taking away that ability. An assault rifle is not even a good home defense weapon.

 

I don't argue that close quarters I personally would choose a different weapon, however, I also don't believe it's up to anyone else to dictate the how that I choose to protect me and mine.

 

See if we start getting into someone else choosing the how then others must be responsible for protecting me....and we all know that's not true.

Why exactly?

 

If your on the no-fly list you're being watched by the FBI I would think in that case that would be enough to Warrant you don't need a weapon. But this still would have happened because he would have got a gun from a friend, bought it illegally, it might have taken him more time but he still would have done what he done.

Wait just a minute...didn't you just post up in another thread about gang activity to send the youngsters to the Ville and, I'll paraphrase, see what's bangin's all about ?

 

Wouldn't that indicate an potential for an immediate need to protect oneself ?

 

I mean let's say I'm just tooling around by the river wanting to go to Ruby's to get a steak, and Bam...a gang mob breaks out and there's all kinds of heck breaking loose....

 

Immediate need ? I was just getting a piece of red meat...it may not be how you are living, couldn't it be where ? :sssh:

 

Trying to compare this discussion to the gang discussion is so far apart I can't even comprehend it.

 

As for as how you live vs. where you live you're absolutely right, that could be the difference. But I'd say if you move somewhere with that kind of activity, you'd have the opportunity to protect yourself before hand.

Wait just a minute...didn't you just post up in another thread about gang activity to send the youngsters to the Ville and, I'll paraphrase, see what's bangin's all about ?

 

Wouldn't that indicate an potential for an immediate need to protect oneself ?

 

I mean let's say I'm just tooling around by the river wanting to go to Ruby's to get a steak, and Bam...a gang mob breaks out and there's all kinds of heck breaking loose....

 

Immediate need ? I was just getting a piece of red meat...it may not be how you are living, couldn't it be where ? :sssh:

 

Come on BB, if you are a meat eating carnivore, it is obviously your fault if you are a crime victim. You could change the way you are living and become a vegan. That would have changed everything in your red meat scenario.

Hey, it's your story. Rewrite it any way you want.

 

You clearly have no intentions of considering anyone else's opinions, so we're done here.

Absolutely. I think that is a safe assumption to make.

 

However, you could argue that by being shot it angers him even more, pushing him to commit violence he wouldn't have otherwise.

 

Just read a Harvard study out last year: for every woman who is able to stave off an attacker with a gun another 83 are murdered. The article stated there will be studies upcoming to focus but 1:83. If I were a woman I wouldn't want a gun in the house

Just read a Harvard study out last year: for every woman who is able to stave off an attacker with a gun another 83 are murdered. The article stated there will be studies upcoming to focus but 1:83. If I were a woman I wouldn't want a gun in the house

 

Be careful, they are going to say you are blaming those murdered women.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.