Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shooting At Gay Night Club In Orlando

Featured Replies

You do realize that there are semi automatic handguns, right?

Sorry, non semi automatic hang guns. I'll be more specific next time.

  • Replies 728
  • Views 54.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...

 

Then better training would need to be implemented. That article states that most of the injuries come from suicides and accidental shootings.

And let me add this to the discussion...

 

For all of you pretending that your hoarding of guns is for protection, I'm calling bologna.

 

Then what are the other reasons if protection is not one of them?

Edited by True blue (and gold)

You blamed the victims of violence, and just don't want to admit it.

 

False.

 

Me blaming the victims would have looked like this:

 

"If you can't get out of the situation you are in, it's your fault and you deserve whatever happens to you."

 

Suggesting that someone could re-evaluate things is not blaming the victims, unless your reading comprehension is just that terrible.

Nowhere did I blame the victim. You guys sure are good at trying to put words in everyone's mouth.

 

What happens when she has a gun, the guy breaks down the door and takes the gun from her, then kills all four of them? Is that situation somehow better because she had a gun?

 

If he breaks down the door then it's bang bang and he doesn't get the gun he gets two bullets.

Sorry, non semi automatic hang guns. I'll be more specific next time.

 

So a revolver, which is a 1 pull, 1 shot weapon, is ok. But a semi-auto handgun, which is a 1 pull, 1 shot weapon is not ok. I think I've Got it now.

And let me add this to the discussion...

 

For all of you pretending that your hoarding of guns is for protection, I'm calling bologna.

 

Some is for protection, some for sport.

Edited by True blue (and gold)

Then what are the other reasons if protection is not one of them?

 

Because people just like having guns! And that is 100% fine by me, have as many guns as you want. My issue is with pretending the reason someone needs a boat load of guns is for protection, when the fact is they just like having guns.

Some is for protection, some for sport.

 

Perfectly okay with that.

If he breaks down the door then it's bang bang and he doesn't get the gun he gets two bullets.

 

In a perfect scenario, yes.

 

In a different scenario, she shoots him, maybe in the arm or somewhere else non-life threatening, he takes the gun and kills her and the kids.

Strawman, implementing longer waiting periods without a fully supporting the background system will not work.

 

You just picked out my support for longer waits to argue. I had thorough background checks on my list which would obviously have to be financially supported.

You just picked out my support for longer waits to argue. I had thorough background checks on my list which would obviously have to be financially supported.

 

How about making whoever the background check is for pay for the background check?

I would also like to add that I wouldn't mind a better education provided for those who want to purchase guns. Long instructions and classes. Especially on storing guns away.

So a revolver, which is a 1 pull, 1 shot weapon, is ok. But a semi-auto handgun, which is a 1 pull, 1 shot weapon is not ok. I think I've Got it now.

 

I think we all clearly know which side of this you stand. Those us of that are willing to actually talk about this and come up with legitimate ideas can keep at it. If you want to offer up constructive rebuttals that might actually help then I'm willing to keep going. You seem to have all the answers about guns so bring something to the table. Sorry I'm not willing to accept evil is evil as the solution to our growing problem.

 

 

Side note - I've spent way too much time on this today.

In a perfect scenario, yes.

 

In a different scenario, she shoots him, maybe in the arm or somewhere else non-life threatening, he takes the gun and kills her and the kids.

 

Couldnt you argue his intent was to harm them anyways, with or without a weapon.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.