June 13, 201610 yr I'm glad you made it away from that safely. But I was referencing the specific situation here. I think its relevant though, someone else protecting another. Maybe in your case you threw out the mom does die, but she saves her kids.
June 13, 201610 yr Say a 240lbs guy breaks into your house while you're out of town to rape your women and daughter, you don't want her having a gun? STATISTICALLY: there is a greater likelihood of the man of the house ( or ex-man) doing that than an armed stranger.
June 13, 201610 yr What sort of "lack of life experiences?" I am not trying to be abrasive with you by any stretch, but expecting to be protected by calling 9-1-1.............very naive.
June 13, 201610 yr 100% agree with the first part. I understand that line of thinking. My worry is for every RTS there are 10 Rambo wannabes. Which is why I don't think arming more of the general population is a legit solution. As far as your last comment, I agree! This is where we all need to work on our focus of the the Rambo types. Stronger background checks, possibly mandatory training. If anyone want to be able to protect themselves and those around them they shops have the willingness to make sure that they are ready for most situations. There are a lot of very good courses out there that puts you into stressful situations and needing to use firearms. They start out at a couple hundred bucks. And if you are into firearms for protection and sport, they also should see the extra training as being a good time, as well as very valuable.
June 13, 201610 yr If you NEED an AR-15 for home defense' date=' you need to move. You either live in Iraq or have a hoard of zombies running around your neighborhood.[/quote'] Again, you're telling us how to live our lives/defend our families.
June 13, 201610 yr Investigated by the FBI twice. Was on the watch-list. The red flags were there. Does any of that show up on the background check? I dont believe it does. It doesn't, but I wouldn't be opposed to having either of these conditions at least slow the process. I have never been questioned by the FBI even once yet would have to wait the same amount of time....that does not make sense to me at all. There are times in our country when we modify or suspend our rights...I believe we are living in those times right now and should take appropriate action. If it means that a few innocent people have to wait a little longer to get a gun, so be it...it's not like we are interring people in camps or confiscating property
June 13, 201610 yr STATISTICALLY: there is a greater likelihood of the man of the house ( or ex-man) doing that than an armed stranger. Provide that study> What I hear you saying is that there is a greater likelyhood of my spouse or daughter getting raped by me than by an armed stranger ? I will read that front to cover....let's see it.
June 13, 201610 yr It doesn't, but I wouldn't be opposed to having either of these conditions at least slow the process. I have never been questioned by the FBI even once yet would have to wait the same amount of time....that does not make sense to me at all. There are times in our country when we modify or suspend our rights...I believe we are living in those times right now and should take appropriate action. If it means that a few innocent people have to wait a little longer to get a gun, so be it...it's not like we are interring people in camps or confiscating property Wont disagree, its not like he wouldnt have just waited an extra week or so and done it anyways. Nothing was going to stop him from committing this act.
June 13, 201610 yr Easy, I need to protect myself, I chose the AR over the handgun. Freedom of choice and ease of availability has allowed several nut jobs to use their weapon of choice: Sandy Hook, Aurora, San Bernadino, Roseburg, and now Orlando to name a few. The glib attitude about this gun is disturbing.
June 13, 201610 yr If you NEED an AR-15 for home defense, you need to move. You either live in Iraq or have a hoard of zombies running around your neighborhood. The most important part of home/self defense is having a weapon that you can handle properly. Therefore all of my purchases are based on the ability of MrsC to be able to handle the weapon and fire it accurately. To that end. A 5.45 - AR-15 is one of the lowest recoil rifles you can get. It is extremely reliable. It is easy to load and reload. It is a weapon that MrsC can handle. So for all of the people who ask why does someone need an AR-15. For me. That is why.
June 13, 201610 yr Say a 240lbs guy breaks into your house while you're out of town to rape your women and daughter, you don't want her having a gun? Wasn't it last year, and I believe that it was in North Carolina where a teenage boy about 15 years old shot an intruder while he was home alone watching his siblings? I don't recall what training if any that the kid had, BUT, he knew exactly what to do, someone trained him, family or they took him to some courses. BTW, you all are typing too fast, I can't keep up with the number of posts lol. Edited June 13, 201610 yr by SportsGuy41017
June 13, 201610 yr Provide that study> What I hear you saying is that there is a greater likelyhood of my spouse or daughter getting raped by me than by an armed stranger ? I will read that front to cover....let's see it. Good luck getting this answer. I asked HC one earlier, regarding a Harvard study. Nothing but crickets.
June 13, 201610 yr Freedom of choice and ease of availability has allowed several nut jobs to use their weapon of choice: Sandy Hook, Aurora, San Bernadino, Roseburg, and now Orlando to name a few. The glib attitude about this gun is disturbing. The majority of massacres are committed by handguns. The only thing that is disturbing is thinking that taking this weapon away would make a difference for those who wish to commit violence.
June 13, 201610 yr Information only article on Aurora Colorado shooter. Just for clarification purposes. A decent read. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/24/us/aurora-gunmans-lethal-arsenal.html?_r=0
June 13, 201610 yr Say a 240lbs guy breaks into your house while you're out of town to rape your women and daughter, you don't want her having a gun? In fact, I'd show my wife, or female children (age to be determined later) how to handle themselves in martial arts like Krav and combative JJ, as well as pay for professional firearms training for each of them.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.