Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Derby City Prep school??

Featured Replies

If @theguru will sponsor the BGP Academy we can probably make that happen.

 

I may be able to come up with t-shirts and a couple of hot chicks for the promo material.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be able to come up with t-shirts and a couple of hot chicks for the promo material.

 

Will these hot chicks have phone numbers where we can reach them if needed?

Will these hot chicks have phone numbers where we can reach them if needed?

 

Mine!!!

 

:idunno:

Just a thought - I wonder if Rod Rhodes will turn up on the coaching staff at Derby City Prep?

Just a thought - I wonder if Rod Rhodes will turn up on the coaching staff at Derby City Prep?

 

If he isn't already then he should be making his way to Louisville if he wants to coach high school ball in KY. I think he would do well there.

I've never met anyone from basketball before.

I have heard that Bryan Just, who was an assistant at St. X this past year, is trying to start one. My understanding is that, like Findlay Prep and others, it actually will not be a school but a basketball team. The players will go to school elsewhere (arranged by the organizers of the team). I know they have a gofundme page, and think they might be on facebook and twitter.

 

I'm so sick of gofundme pages for non emergency situations.

I'm so sick of gofundme pages for non emergency situations.

 

Why?

All the extra stuff still seam like basketball activities to me. So basically the players go to school like any other H.S. student but them go to basketball practice/activities and don't have to abide by High School Athletic Association rules?

Ahhh, that makes sense. I guess my next question is how come an agreement has to be made with the KHSAA? Is it so Wesley Christian can have their B team compete against KHSAA member schools? Wesley Christian does have two different teams don't they?

 

Hearing this could be changing soon.

Wesley Christian School is a NCAA and SEVIS certified K-12 school located in Allen(5 Minutes from Prestonsburg and 20 from Pikeville). Which means our classes are accepted by the NCAA and we can enroll International students by issuing the correct paperwork for the student to apply for a student VISA to study in the United States. We're a member of the Kentucky Christian Athletic Association and Kentucky Christian School Athletic Association. Our boys basketball team plays an independent schedule against other Public, Private and Prep schools from across the country. We currently have no agreement with the KHSAA regarding any student enrollment. like other private schools in the state who choose to not be a part of the KHSAA we cannot play KHSAA schools. Although, I've been told that schools like us will once again be allowed to scrimmage KHSAA schools in the preseason if a KHSAA member school chooses to scrimmage us.

Wesley Christian School is a NCAA and SEVIS certified K-12 school located in Allen(5 Minutes from Prestonsburg and 20 from Pikeville). Which means our classes are accepted by the NCAA and we can enroll International students by issuing the correct paperwork for the student to apply for a student VISA to study in the United States. We're a member of the Kentucky Christian Athletic Association and Kentucky Christian School Athletic Association. Our boys basketball team plays an independent schedule against other Public, Private and Prep schools from across the country. We currently have no agreement with the KHSAA regarding any student enrollment. like other private schools in the state who choose to not be a part of the KHSAA we cannot play KHSAA schools. Although, I've been told that schools like us will once again be allowed to scrimmage KHSAA schools in the preseason if a KHSAA member school chooses to scrimmage us.

 

I'm hearing that it's possible that the in-season block of KHSAA teams playing non state-sectioned schools could happen very soon.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.