Kentucky Derby 142

Okay, I'm sure they are great people but how do you have a wedding during the Kentucky Derby?

29 years ago I was married on Derby day. Mrs.TAC demanded an April or May wedding. Several dates were taken and since aunt/uncle were florist we had to eliminate Mother's Day and of course Easter. Luckily the wedding was at 7:30. Groomsmen came over to the house to get ready and we watched the race. Coincidently, the only derby I have ever been to was last year with the bride as it fell on the 2nd.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would not be shocked to see the odds change by post time, and this not be the case.

Either way those are the horses I like.

The horses I want to finish 1,2,3 are the three grey horses.

I always bet at least one grey horse any race I bet, love the grey horses.

Does anyone else feel like the build up to the Derby this year has been almost non-existent?

I feared this would be the case if we ever saw another Triple Crown winner.

Very interested to see how it compares in money wagered and ratings to those of the recent past.

Does anyone else feel like the build up to the Derby this year has been almost non-existent?

Very interested to see how it compares in money wagered and ratings to those of the recent past.

I am always geeked about the Derby, so I haven't really noticed. With all the media outlets these days, a widespread build up seems more difficult every year. Its for sure a niche event anymore. That being said, I haven't noticed any radio shows (Mike/Mike, Dan Patrick, etc.) broadcasting from Louisville.

How much of that is based on the lack of Triple Crown aura is a good question?

Very non-existent. I think it's more because there's no real favorite. Any horse in the field could win this year.