Ryle 7 Covington Catholic 6

rsturner

Since Decker pitches, Krumps has the good sense to not play him at catcher the day after he pitches. Therefore, Kennedy catches when Decker pitches and also on the day after Decker pitches. Kennedy has great tools and a super arm. Colonels Coach Mohr is working with him on his footwork and blocking skills.

AK just needs to gain consistency. Has all of the tools plus he seems to hit well.

JV catcher also hits very well and the frosh catcher who got hurt seems to be talented as well. Nice depth.

Since Decker pitches, Krumps has the good sense to not play him at catcher the day after he pitches. Therefore, Kennedy catches when Decker pitches and also on the day after Decker pitches. Kennedy has great tools and a super arm. Colonels Coach Mohr is working with him on his footwork and blocking skills.

Agreed, this makes a lot of sense. My guess is once the post season starts, CCH goes with 3 pitchers (Armstrong, Young and Pitzer) and maybe Decker is behind the plate more often but he could see the mound as well.

I've seen CCH play about 8 games. Don't know who I've seen catch more, but close to 50/50. For my money, it's a coin toss between the two. Kennedy seems to have a quicker release and throws more out. Decker is very good as well. Cov Cath has two nice options behind the dish this year, and Schwartz has thrown a couple of gems on the mound.

As for the post season, I'd say Krumps goes with the hot bat and who he thinks will better shut down the running game.