Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dunbar/Doss predictions

Dunbar vs. Doss (Sweet 16 Championship Game at Rupp Arena) 42 members have voted

  1. 1. Dunbar vs. Doss (Sweet 16 Championship Game at Rupp Arena)

    • Dunbar (32-6)
      83%
    • Doss (30-5)
      16%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Dunbar by 10, making the 1st round matchup against Mercer, their closest test.

I picked Dunbar at the start so I am going to stick with them

 

They are the best team I've seen this week

Dunbar has been the best team all week. Tough games every step of the way. I think they finish it and win by 12 tomorrow.

 

But.....I picked Doss to win before the tourney began so I'll be pulling for them.

I'd like to give a thumbs up to PP92 because in his CN2 interview at the beginning of the Sweet 16 he mentioned Doss as his sleeper pick, and he was dead on.

 

Great insight when nobody else was talking about them. :thumb:

I have believed all year that Dunbar was the best team in the state, and they have proven that to be true by winning 5 straight games against top 10 teams.

 

With that said, it's no fluke that Doss is in the finals, as they have won 5 straight against top 25 teams, and I expect this to be a toughly contested game.

Dunbar seems destined to win. They had a close game vs Mercer, down big vs bowling green, beat a really determined NCC team and one of the best players in the state in Weyer. It is kinda crazy that state-wise nobody has really been on Doss or given them alot of attention. Bullitt east seemed to be the popular pick to win the 6th and here is Doss, in the finals. Looks like they've got a good thing going with Coach Williams. 2 yrs coaching, 2 yrs @ rupp

Dunbar may have a 20 to 1 fan advantage.

 

Doss has had the fewest fans for a team that's made the championship game in the 20 years I've been attending; maybe for any team in that time. Has there ever been a team with less? (Possibly UHA in 92?) That just seems crazy for a school less than 90 minutes away that has over 1000 kids and a decent basketball history. Does anyone remember how they traveled back in 1980?

I'd like to give a thumbs up to PP92 because in his CN2 interview at the beginning of the Sweet 16 he mentioned Doss as his sleeper pick, and he was dead on.

 

Great insight when nobody else was talking about them. :thumb:

 

:D

 

Thank you Sir!

Dunbar may have a 20 to 1 fan advantage.

 

Doss has had the fewest fans for a team that's made the championship game in the 20 years I've been attending; maybe for any team in that time. Has there ever been a team with less? (Possibly UHA in 92?) That just seems crazy for a school less than 90 minutes away that has over 1000 kids and a decent basketball history. Does anyone remember how they traveled back in 1980?

 

Their crowds have gotten smaller each game. Their biggest crowd came on their first game when they bussed in students during the school day. When they had games while school is out their crowd was considerably smaller. I'm guessing transportation is a problem for a lot of the students not in the band riding the bus to the game.

I think Dunbar wins this game because IMO they are the better defensive team. They are battle tested from a strong regular season schedule(which they purposely beefed up for this moment) as well as a tough road to the championship game. They have been preparing for this game for over a year now and I think they get it done. Add in the fact that I believe their PG Jordan Lewis only has 1 turnover the whole tournament and they have one of the best basketball players and scorers in the state in Taveion Hollingsworth and I expect them to get it done. It won't be easy and I think we are in store for an excellent game. An OT or two wouldn't surprise me at all. Doss has a great team and they are well coached. Even more impressive is that both Doss and Dunbar have been in situations this tourney where they could have packed it in and gone home but both teams dug deep and pulled out victories when it didn't seem likely.

 

 

Tomorrow is going to be a great game!!!

 

 

Good luck to my homey on the Dunbar sidelines!!!!!!!

I picked Dunbar to win it all at the Marshall County Hoopfest in early December. I'm not changing now. They are the best team I watched this season.

Dunbar should win. Great PG in Lewis. D-1 prospects in Hollingsworth and Williams and good size with their center. And they will definitely earn it if they win tonight. They've had no easy games on the way to the finals.

This should be a great game. I picked both teams to be in the finals and Dunbar to win it, and I don't see any reason to change my pick. On the court, we have almost mirror images of each others style. They both are long, athletic, good on the defensive end, explosive to the basket, and can shoot the 3 when it is needed. I'll give the edge on the inside to Dunbar, and I think that is where they win the game. I think they will control the boards on both ends, and offensive put backs and second shots wins them the game. I expect Doss to continue to do what Doss does, play fast, scrappy and be a great coached team. (Coach Williams is going to be a very good one). But Dunbar has proven all year long they play a high caliber of basketball and with Williams rounding back into form, I look for them to continue doing so in this game. As a 6th region guy Doss winning would be great, but my basketball brain says Dunbar.

 

Dunbar 64

Doss 58

I have watched Doss continue to improve as the season went along. This is a totally different team from last season with the exceptions of a single player or two (Hall & Anderson primarily). For the most part Dunbar is who we expected them to be at the beginning of the season, but Doss was an unknown out there. In fact, many did not know the transfers from Cincinnati and Southern Ind who came to Doss for their final season were even going to be playing. They were not with them in June so it took some time for players to get comfortable with roles. I believe that Coach Williams understands the value of defining roles for his players and getting his team focused on executing game plans better than most. He played under Coach Crum at U of L so that is part of his pedigree.

Can they beat Dunbar.....yes they can if the shots are falling. They will need to hit their threes in this game to win. Their draw gave them the advantage in athleticism and speed from a team aspect until now. That is a draw today, so they must shoot the 3 ball well, and then you can expect an upset from the 6th region champs.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.