March 17, 201610 yr Cal mentioned Louisville on ESPN Sunday night. Pitino mentioned Kentucky on ESPN Tuesday morning. This is what they do. Why do we put anything into any of this? I think it's incredibly funny and would be all for it except for the situation in Louisville. In my opinion, Pitino would be better off keeping the spotlight away from himself right now.
March 17, 201610 yr Author I guess that maybe I was reading between the lines a little too much. I kind of thought that he was implying that you do not have to resort to shady recruiting tactics if you are only going after 2 star type players as opposed to the one and dones. That's why the whole McGee thing didn't make sense to him.
March 17, 201610 yr Cal mentioned Louisville on ESPN Sunday night. Pitino mentioned Kentucky on ESPN Tuesday morning. This is what they do. Why do we put anything into any of this? Because the obsession is real...
March 17, 201610 yr Author Cal mentioned Louisville on ESPN Sunday night. Pitino mentioned Kentucky on ESPN Tuesday morning. This is what they do. Why do we put anything into any of this? What did Cal say about Louisville? I do agree 100% that Cal loves to play the world is against us card, just a little too often for my tastes though.
March 17, 201610 yr Trey Lyles Marquis Teague Nerlans Noel DeAngelo Russell (I think) All these guys were Mcdonalds All Americans and one and done types! Just because you can't develop them doesn't mean they're not the type. Chane Behanan Wayne Blackshear Peyton Siva Samardo Samuels Earl Clark Sebastian Telfair
March 17, 201610 yr What did Cal say about Louisville? I do agree 100% that Cal loves to play the world is against us card, just a little too often for my tastes though. When he was on there doing his bit about how underseeded they were and how difficult their road always is, he simply said that the NCAA was probably going to reinstate Louisville to the postseason and have them play Kentucky. That's all.
March 17, 201610 yr All these guys were Mcdonalds All Americans and one and done types! Just because you can't develop them doesn't mean they're not the type. Chane Behanan Wayne Blackshear Peyton Siva Samardo Samuels Earl Clark Sebastian Telfair Surely you're not insinuating that Pitino can't develop talent?
March 17, 201610 yr Surely you're not insinuating that Pitino can't develop talent? Sure, because there are boatloads of 5'10" point guards (Siva) and 6'6" power forwards (Behanan) all over the league. Pitino just doesn't know how to develop them.
March 17, 201610 yr Surely you're not insinuating that Pitino can't develop talent? It is what it is!
March 17, 201610 yr Sure, because there are boatloads of 5'10" point guards (Siva) and 6'6" power forwards (Behanan) all over the league. Pitino just doesn't know how to develop them. So you think Pitino has the reputation of preparing kids for the NBA?
March 17, 201610 yr So you think Pitino has the reputation of preparing kids for the NBA? Nowhere in that post did I even begin to suggest anything like that. What exactly are you on about?
March 17, 201610 yr Author So you think Pitino has the reputation of preparing kids for the NBA? One thing that I know Pitino can do, and do it very well, is coach college basketball.
March 17, 201610 yr It is what it is! So you think Pitino has the reputation of preparing kids for the NBA? I've seen numerous players develop under Pitino. All the way back to Nazr Mohammed and Jamal Magloire.
March 17, 201610 yr I think Pitino's subtle point was that he was able to do more with less. He's able to win with 2** kids when others (UK) have to have the best talent to win.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.