Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Coach Pitino insinuating something?

Featured Replies

We are not Kentucky where we are recruiting the one-and-dones. We are recruiting the Russ Smiths of the world; he's a 2-star athlete who becomes a first team college A-A. Gorgui Deng is starting for the Minnesota Timberwolves but wasn't ranked in the top 25. Terry Rozier playing for the Boston Celtics wasn't ranked in the top 60. So we have a different way we recruit and it didn't make any sense what was going on, how these women infiltrated our program is very disturbing to me and why did AG (Andre McGee) get tied into this.

 

Throwing elbows: John Calipari responds to Rick Pitino’s comments | Lexington Herald-Leader

  • Replies 80
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That they don't recruit one and dones? That's not true though is it?

Rick Pitino should stop talking. Period.

Yeah I'm not sure what you're getting at about what he's insinuating?

 

 

@LRCW, I can't speak for certain, but I don't remember a one and done type that Pitino has actively pursued lately. I don't follow recruiting as close as many, though.

Yeah I'm not sure what you're getting at about what he's insinuating?

 

 

@LRCW, I can't speak for certain, but I don't remember a one and done type that Pitino has actively pursued lately. I don't follow recruiting as close as many, though.

 

The ones that @Wireman mentioned, but I don't think anyone really saw Teague as a one and one, plus the PG that ended up playong overseas I believe. I can't remember his name.

Trey Lyles

Marquis Teague

Nerlans Noel

DeAngelo Russell (I think)

 

You're right. Except I didn't remember hearing about Nerlens.

Just like 3 weeks ago or so, Pitino bragged about his own type of one and done players (Lewis and Lee).

VJ King is a one and done, at least he is before he lands in Louisville.

The ones that @Wireman mentioned, but I don't think anyone really saw Teague as a one and one, plus the PG that ended up playong overseas I believe. I can't remember his name.

 

Sebastian Telfair?

Sebastian Telfair?

 

UK fans should be glad he went after Telfair. That's what landed Rondo at UK.

VJ King is a one and done, at least he is before he lands in Louisville.

 

First I've heard anyone say he was a one and done.

Sebastian Telfair?

 

Yes

Any coach would be dumb not to try for the one and done type players. I'd say some motivation for coaches speaking out against it is 1.) They genuinely think it is hurting the college game, and or the kids or 2.) They are bitter because they don't land them.

Cal mentioned Louisville on ESPN Sunday night.

 

Pitino mentioned Kentucky on ESPN Tuesday morning.

 

This is what they do. Why do we put anything into any of this?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.