Holy Cross/ Newport Central Catholic (9th Region Semifinal) Predictions

HC was losing at that point and NewCath was looking like the better team.

Losing by how much? Even after Bezold went out, they kept it close until the fourth quarter. Was down by 4 at the end of the third. We will see tomorrow for sure

Losing by how much? Even after Bezold went out, they kept it close until the fourth quarter. Was down by 4 at the end of the third. We will see tomorrow for sure

Not sure, but I don't remember them closing the 3rd down by 4. I do remember them continuing to press to no avail. We will see.

They kept it close after Beazell one out, but I think before he went out it was a one or two point back-and-forth game. If the HC team theat showed up in the third quarter against Dixie, NCC will have their hands full. And, contrary to many, I think either team (HC or NCC) could take down CovCath in the finals should they get past Conner. I agree that CovCath has looked strong of late, particularly the play of Von Handorf, but both NCC and HC have elements in their offense, NCC with Weyer and HC with their wealth of shooters, that could be difficult for CCH to contain. We will see, indeed.

If I am Newport Catholic I focus my defense on no open threes. I don't worry about guys driving past me to the basket with Weyer in the middle. You have to trust Weyer will not commit fouls though. If I am Holy Cross, I pump the ball inside to Barnes and tell him to go straight at Weyer and see if he can draw a couple cheap fouls.

If I am Newport Catholic I focus my defense on no open threes. I don't worry about guys driving past me to the basket with Weyer in the middle. You have to trust Weyer will not commit fouls though. If I am Holy Cross, I pump the ball inside to Barnes and tell him to go straight at Weyer and see if he can draw a couple cheap fouls.

Letting HC penetrate and score at the rim is how they lost the first matchup.

How do you know they will be a "cheap fouls"? This comments would indicate Barnes isn't good enough to score against Weyer inside, if so, I disagree.

Could anyone give the starting five and year of either team?

NewCath

Brennen Hall Guard So.

Luke Moeves Guard Jr.

Brian Anderson Guard Sr.

Eric Anderson Guard Sr.

Ben Weyer Forward Sr.

Holy Cross

Derrick Barnes Forward Jr.

Erich Jakobowski Guard Sr.

Leighton Schrand Guard Sr.

Hamilton Scott Guard Sr.

Tyler Bezold Forward Sr.