Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

This season...

Featured Replies

Leading into the final couple weeks, the top 10 college basketball teams have lost more than any other season per ESPN Stats and Info.

 

Kansas and 'Nova are supposed near lock status for #1 seeds with the 3 + games remaining and each have 4 losses. There is a chance all 4 #1 seeds will have 5 + losses. Last season the #1 seeds had a combined 9 losses.

 

2000 is the most combined losses I can recall for #1 seeds, but that was skewed somewhat because of the Mateen Cleeves injury to start the season and Kenyon Martin's injury removing UC as a #1 seed.

 

Why can't UK's great teams come in seasons like this? :irked:

For me, this season has been a bust, a complete bust, sure they are some good players on every team in the nation but nothing like the recent years. I highly doubt that their's actually a true #1 team in the nation.

 

I'm already looking at March Madness and next season...

For me, this season has been a bust, a complete bust, sure they are some good players on every team in the nation but nothing like the recent years. I highly doubt that their's actually a true #1 team in the nation.

 

I'm already looking at March Madness and next season...

 

I dunno, I can't help but be excited for the NCAA tournament and brackets in general. This year is very unpredictable. Who knows maybe this is Gonzaga's year.

I dunno, I can't help but be excited for the NCAA tournament and brackets in general. This year is very unpredictable. Who knows maybe this is Gonzaga's year.

 

They got to get in the tournament first, sounds like they are on the bubble.

Virginia

Kansas

Villanova

Xavier

Michigan State

Oklahoma

North Carolina

Miami (FL)

 

Hard to believe there are 8 teams with two weeks to go before selection Sunday with legit shots at #1 seeds.

 

This year's tournament should be insane!

This season is the most wide open as I can ever remember. there is no one or two dominate teams. This ncaa tourney should be wild, fun to watch.

As for picking a bracket ? :idunno: Put all the teams name that in the tourney in a box, spin it around like they do the powerball numbers and enter whatever names come out.

  • Author

While the tournament may be exciting and unpredictable, it is for all the wrong reasons. I want a good team losing to a mid-major because said mid-major has an NBA talent, not because the high major team is devoid of talent. We can say parity is wonderful, but the fact is, people tune in to see stars play on good teams, and there are so few of them in college basketball this year. Give me a handful of great teams and everyone else can have 35 teams with questionable talent.

They got to get in the tournament first, sounds like they are on the bubble.

 

Ha I didn't mean it literally, more as something we've heard for over a decade. They make it and find a way to win though, I wouldn't be shocked at this point.

 

This season seems to lack a team with a dominant post figure that's complimented much. Lot's of guard oriented teams out there with middle sized teams.

Is this the year we finally get a #16 beating a #1 seed?

 

I don't think that will happen but we could very well have a 15 and/or a 14 pull the upset.

  • Author
Is this the year we finally get a #16 beating a #1 seed?

 

Most likely no, but this year has as good of a chance as any.

I believe I saw 16 of the top 25 teams lost this past week.

Interesting Resume Comparison:

 

Team A

24-5

RPI: 6

SOS: 21

W-L vs. Top 25: 4-2

W-L vs. Top 50: 5-0

W-L vs. Top 100: 6-0

 

Team B:

24-6

RPI: 9

SOS: 45

W-L vs. Top 25: 2-4

W-L vs. Top 50: 1-1

W-L vs. Top 100: 9-1

 

 

Which of these teams, by the numbers, has the best case for a #1 seed?

Interesting Resume Comparison:

 

Team A

24-5

RPI: 6

SOS: 21

W-L vs. Top 25: 4-2

W-L vs. Top 50: 5-0

W-L vs. Top 100: 6-0

 

Team B:

24-6

RPI: 9

SOS: 45

W-L vs. Top 25: 2-4

W-L vs. Top 50: 1-1

W-L vs. Top 100: 9-1

 

 

Which of these teams, by the numbers, has the best case for a #1 seed?

 

Definitely team A. I am to busy to try to look up which teams they are. Is team A Indiana?

Definitely team A. I am to busy to try to look up which teams they are. Is team A Indiana?

 

It is not.

 

Team A is a team that is never mentioned for a #1 seed. Team B is one that seems to have one all but locked up according to the "experts".

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.