Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

This season...

Featured Replies

It is not.

 

Team A is a team that is never mentioned for a #1 seed. Team B is one that seems to have one all but locked up according to the "experts".

 

I'd definitely go with Team A as well.

 

I'd guess Team B is Kansas?

Miami (FL) has certainly flown under the radar, and probably can play themselves into the conversation with a deep run at the ACC Tournament, but I'll be the stubborn one that still doesn't think they'll get it done. They have a ton of veterans, but they lack that guy that bowls me over. They are one of those many teams that I could see going out in round 2, or could see a bounce or two going their way and they go all the way to Houston.

 

I still think UNC is the 2nd best team in the country, I did 60 days ago, 30 days ago, and will 60 minutes from now.

I'd definitely go with Team A as well.

 

I'd guess Team B is Kansas?

 

 

Nope. Team B is North Carolina. Team A is Miami (FL).

 

On the flip side, those numbers mean Carolina is 12-0 against teams outside the Top 100, whereas Miami is 9-3 against such teams, but Miami has every bit as good a case IMO for a top seed, but is never mentioned.

 

Just found it odd.

I still think UNC is the 2nd best team in the country, I did 60 days ago, 30 days ago, and will 60 minutes from now.

 

There are plenty of teams that can beat Kentucky in the tournament, but they are the one team that I'd prefer to see on the complete other side of the bracket. Since that is how they feel, I'm sure they'll be the one seed, with Kentucky as the #4.

Miami (FL) has certainly flown under the radar, and probably can play themselves into the conversation with a deep run at the ACC Tournament, but I'll be the stubborn one that still doesn't think they'll get it done. They have a ton of veterans, but they lack that guy that bowls me over. They are one of those many teams that I could see going out in round 2, or could see a bounce or two going their way and they go all the way to Houston.

 

I still think UNC is the 2nd best team in the country, I did 60 days ago, 30 days ago, and will 60 minutes from now.

 

The problem with UNC is they are not a good shooting team. Very rarely do you see teams that don't shoot well make final fours or win it all. That was the same problem that doomed the 2010 UK team with John Wall.

 

UNC has all the talent in the world. However their defense is not great and if a team can slow the game down on them, then they are very likely to lose since they don't shoot well.

The problem with UNC is they are not a good shooting team. Very rarely do you see teams that don't shoot well make final fours or win it all. That was the same problem that doomed the 2010 UK team with John Wall.

 

UNC has all the talent in the world. However their defense is not great and if a team can slow the game down on them, then they are very likely to lose since they don't shoot well.

 

I could give you a litany of warts for every team in America, without a doubt, they aren't without their flaws. Neither is anyone else. Could they lose in the 2nd game to a 7 or 8 seed? Sure. Could they play Kansas on the last first Monday in April? Yep.

  • Author

I have this opinion that that media and the powers that be do not like being proved wrong about prognostications and will often err on their predictions when evaluating how good a team is. As UKMustangfan pointed out, UNC is considered by many as a lock for a #1 seed. Their resume says they shouldn't be a lock. Most have felt they had the best team entering the season, and people want to hang on to that. Think of Kansas a couple seasons ago. They get the can't miss prospect of this generation, Andrew Wiggins, and through the season end up finding out about the treasure they have in Embiid. To go along with that they had a touch schedule, but we were told all season how great they were. The media completely ignored the fact the bulk of their games against stellar competition they lost, yet they still ended up capturing a #2 seed. And a sad second round exit. I know Embiid was injured, but that team was not winning it all. I bought into the hype for a while before coming around on Kansas.

Heard this about Carolina today, thought it was impressive

Best assist to T/O in the history of their school, the least amount of T/O in the history of their school, that means they get alot of possessions.

Second they have lost by a combined about 16-18 points total, that means 1 possession either way, just crazy

Third Paige was arguably their best player pre-season on UNC team, now I would say #3 now, they have improved, I dislike them awful :) GO BIG BLUE, but they are a #1 seed in my opinion. I have a hard time getting by that 40 point thumping Miami took from them. UNC has to do better in close games that are possession by possession.

While the tournament may be exciting and unpredictable, it is for all the wrong reasons. I want a good team losing to a mid-major because said mid-major has an NBA talent, not because the high major team is devoid of talent. We can say parity is wonderful, but the fact is, people tune in to see stars play on good teams, and there are so few of them in college basketball this year. Give me a handful of great teams and everyone else can have 35 teams with questionable talent.

 

I'm the complete opposite. With the exception of UK games, I simply do not watch March Madness when it is a handful of great teams and the rest with questionable talent. Seems a like waste of time. So I find something else to do until at least the elite 8 or even the final four.

 

Not this year, though. I cannot wait for the tournaments to start. I have been completely entertained.

Miami definitely makes a case. But when you lose by 30+ to the team ahead of you, well, it just doesn't hold that much weight.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.