Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Teams Not to Win A State Title

Featured Replies

Owensboro Catholic obviously they have been to the state championship twice in the past three years and not one either one of them so obivously they are a Prime choic for this topic.

  • Replies 86
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1995 Franklin-Simpson

 

This team finished 12-3.

 

They lost to Portland, TN who went 14-1 State Runner-Up

 

They lost to Bowling Green, 15-0 State Champion

 

They lost the AA State Championship to Breathitt Co. in two overtimes. Breathitt was 15-0.

 

The Wildcats dominated every other team on the schedule.

Has Owensboro brought home the hardware befor? What about Henderson co.? Marshall Co. All of these teams have very good programs for many years. I just dont know if they have won it all previously....

  • Author

What about the Sheldon Clark Cardinals???????????

I believe it was around 1998 when Harrodsburg got robbed in overtime against Beechwood. If I got the year wrong, someone please correct me.

 

You just made me recall the Beechwood - Murray 1A title game where Murray got the short end of the shaft, craziest game ending I can think of

1995 Franklin-Simpson

 

This team finished 12-3.

 

They lost to Portland, TN who went 14-1 State Runner-Up

 

They lost to Bowling Green, 15-0 State Champion

 

They lost the AA State Championship to Breathitt Co. in two overtimes. Breathitt was 15-0.

 

The Wildcats dominated every other team on the schedule.

One of the best state runners-up I've ever seen. One of the best championship games ever, too.
Has Owensboro brought home the hardware befor? What about Henderson co.? Marshall Co. All of these teams have very good programs for many years. I just dont know if they have won it all previously....
Owensboro won the 3A title in 1986.

 

Henderson has been a good program for a long time, but they've also had some clunkers ... a couple of winless seasons, even.

 

Marshall County, other than last season and a brief run in the late 90s, hasn't been all that successful over the years.

How about Male 1993? That may be X's best win ever.

 

You're thinking of 1994, and I agree with you (Male won 4A in '93). I bet Glaser would agree they beat a superior team.

Seeing your post reminded me of best individual team to not win a state title, I can't believe it slipped my mind. Male 2002.

1998-1999 Harlan Green Dragons. Beating Pikeville pretty badly in first half, in the second half, the starting tailback (Ben Smith) broke his leg. Pikeville went on to win, then got beat by the "University of Beechwood", as anyother mountain team.

How about Male 1993? That may be X's best win ever.

 

I guess it goes without saying, but how about Trinity's best win ever over Male in '02? That Male team is easily right up there with Last years St. X team... no, I'd say they're above.

You just made me recall the Beechwood - Murray 1A title game where Murray got the short end of the shaft, craziest game ending I can think of

 

I was there for that game. Very bizarre indeed.

You just made me recall the Beechwood - Murray 1A title game where Murray got the short end of the shaft, craziest game ending I can think of

NO DOUBT!!!

Seeing your post reminded me of best individual team to not win a state title, I can't believe it slipped my mind. Male 2002.

I think this thread started out to be programs not to win but that is the best team not to win I think.

I think this thread started out to be programs not to win but that is the best team not to win I think.

 

The thread title was ambiguous. It was taken to mean, after some deliberation, best programs however it still says teams and as such it can apply under the umbrella designation of teams as opposed to programs.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.