Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Report: Peyton Manning attempted to cover up 1996 sexual assault allegation

Featured Replies

I don't care about what he did and paid for already. Old news. People want to care about this now? Where were you all when I read about this in 2003 in the ESPN Magazine?

 

I, like Stephen A. Smith, knew nothing about the story until now. I think a lot of others are in the same boat as me. Also, just because it happened a long time ago does not make it wrong to bring it up now. Manning is involved in a new lawsuit just filed this week.

  • Replies 95
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fwiw, my point was the HGH case against Manning is weak at best right now. The one guy who originally claimed Manning was involved in HGH has since said he only told the reporter that to test them.

 

I agree that the case is not strong. However the guy has to recant or maybe face criminal prosecution or certainly not be able to do his job any longer. I keep going back to the one thing that bugs me on this issue. I have some friends in Indy and they tell me EVERYONE in Indy knows this doctor/clinic is the guy to go to for PED's. Peyton Manning admits that he had stuff delivered to HIS HOUSE by this guy. I am not buying it was for his wife for one second. I cannot prove Peyton is lying in a court of law but that doesn't mean I believe him...

I don't care about what he did and paid for already. Old news. People want to care about this now? Where were you all when I read about this in 2003 in the ESPN Magazine?
I must be living under a rock because this is the first I'm hearing about this. That said who gives a rip at this point.
I, like Stephen A. Smith, knew nothing about the story until now. I think a lot of others are in the same boat as me. Also, just because it happened a long time ago does not make it wrong to bring it up now. Manning is involved in a new lawsuit just filed this week.

 

Smear campaign. Does it make it wrong to bring it up now? Nah, just fishy. Real real fishy.

Two completely different situations.

 

Fwiw, my point was the HGH case against Manning is weak at best right now. The one guy who originally claimed Manning was involved in HGH has since said he only told the reporter that to test them.

 

Actually the two situations are a lot alike from the perspective of the witnesses and that is in both cases the witnesses claim to have incriminating information about NFL Superstars and in both cases they were intimidated either directly or indirectly by the NFL Superstar.

 

BROWNSBURG, Ind. — Five days before a documentary alleged that quarterback Peyton Manning and other star athletes had used performance-enhancing drugs, two men hired by Manning’s lawyers visited the parents of the documentary’s key witness. Both men wore black overcoats and jeans and, according to a 911 call from the house that evening, one initially said he was a law enforcement officer but didn’t have a badge.

 

After they told their daughter to call 911 the night of Dec. 22, Randall and Judith Sly stepped outside to talk to the strangers, who clarified they were private investigators, not cops. They had come to this red brick house with a well-manicured lawn looking for the Slys’ 31-year-old son, Charlie, a pharmacist who was the primary source in the upcoming documentary.

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/inside-peyton-mannings-secret-investigation-into-al-jazeera-documentary/2016/02/04/d0da2f04-cb05-11e5-a7b2-5a2f824b02c9_story.html?hpid=hp_rhp-more-top-stories_no-name%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

 

=======================

 

Or put in other terms, in Hernandez's case the witnesses feared Hernandez would kill them, in Manning's case the witness got a visit from the Men In Black.

Put me with the others, I always thought Peyton was all that and a bag of chips, I had no idea about the alleged sexual assault.

So why did Peyton choose to even mention someone who already had filed a lawsuit based on his alleged behavior? Bob Kravitz of WTHR.com, who covered Manning throughout his time with the Colts, offered up a simple explanation on Monday’s PFT Live on NBC Sports Radio.

 

“Because he holds grudges,” Kravitz said. “He is one of the great grudge-holders I’ve ever seen and it’s not something that he wears particularly well. It’s probably I would say one of his worst qualities. We saw it, remember the Pro Bowl, where he was angry at Mike Vanderjagt and a couple of days later Peyton went off on Mike Vanderjagt called him a liquored-up kicker. [Former Colts coach] Jim Mora was very critical of him after a game against San Fransisco. It was actually the ‘playoffs’ rant game, and [Manning] thought about it for a couple of days and went off on Jim Mora in a conference call with Baltimore writers. He remembers everything. He remembers slights like most athletes do and I think that’s that was all about is he holds grudges.”

 

Kravitz: Second lawsuit was sparked by Peyton Manning holding a grudge | ProFootballTalk

I, like Stephen A. Smith, knew nothing about the story until now.

 

He's a clown and probably knew about it back then, just wasn't in his best interest to spout off about it back then.

This was brought back up because of the Title IX lawsuit against Tennessee, as it was mentioned in the complaints in there.

 

Not sure why people are ignoring the real reason it was brought back to light...

This was brought back up because of the Title IX lawsuit against Tennessee, as it was mentioned in the complaints in there.

 

Not sure why people are ignoring the real reason it was brought back to light...

 

I knew it wasn't Shaun King.

I've always thought Peyton Manning was a great quarterback. I don't care if he is a horrible human being.

 

I knew it wasn't Shaun King.

 

The problem with Shaun King isn't that he brought this to light.

 

It's that he thinks he did, and his reasons for doing it. Well that and he's an idiot.

I've always thought Peyton Manning was a great quarterback. I don't care if he is a horrible human being.

 

If this is true, does it make him a horrible human being?

I've always thought Peyton Manning was a great quarterback. I don't care if he is a horrible human being.

 

I'm pretty much in this camp. If we would stop putting these guys on a pedestal just because they have a talent for football, basketball, etc. then it wouldn't be such a shock when they fall from grace.

If this is true, does it make him a horrible human being?

 

If all of this is true? Yes.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.