Report: Peyton Manning attempted to cover up 1996 sexual assault allegation

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally had to look up on Google who Shaun King is. Looks like he is a Kentuckian (and probably a Vol hater). Wasn't there a QB at Tulane with the same name? I didn't think it was him.

I think he has ties to the Woodford County area.

Nah, he isn't the QB who played with the Tampa Bay Bucs.

Certainly there have been steroid allegations made about Tiger and his precipitous fall.

Here's the first one I found on the google machine.

Tiger Woods And Accusations Of PED Use [Opinion] « CBS Local Sports

I assume no sexual assaults.

I just can't put PED use in the same category with violating another human being.

I will say on Peyton, if he was recovering from a neck injury it seems to me he should have been allowed to use the HGH while he was recovering.

You are real smart spin, if an average Joe had a serious neck injury is it possible the attending doc would prescribe HGH to help him recover?

He's a clown and probably knew about it back then, just wasn't in his best interest to spout off about it back then.

Totally disagree. I don't always agree with him but his by no means a clown. No way he knew about it then and is saying he did not now. That just doesn't make any sense. He is saying that a bunch of journalists dropped the ball on this one, himself included.

This was brought back up because of the Title IX lawsuit against Tennessee, as it was mentioned in the complaints in there.

Not sure why people are ignoring the real reason it was brought back to light...

I could not care less about Shaun King...he means nothing to me. You are right that it is being brought up now because of the new lawsuit. Those court documents make Peyton, Archie, Phil Fulmer, the Rollo dude and many others at UT at the time look really bad.

I assume no sexual assaults.

I just can't put PED use in the same category with violating another human being.

I will say on Peyton, if he was recovering from a neck injury it seems to me he should have been allowed to use the HGH while he was recovering.

You are real smart spin, if an average Joe had a serious neck injury is it possible the attending doc would prescribe HGH to help him recover?

The problem is it's not something local. It's systemic. And the Lyle Alzado's of the world didn't cope with the tumors it created very well. I can't speak to the treatment of that by a licensed physician specializing in that field, but I'd be shocked if HGH was part of a typical treatment. I'd think stem cells and their full genetic potential would be a better treatment modality, but that's just speculation on my part.

I'm pretty much in this camp. If we would stop putting these guys on a pedestal just because they have a talent for football, basketball, etc. then it wouldn't be such a shock when they fall from grace.

I sort of agree Cat and sort of disagree. It seems pretty certain to me that Peyton put his junk in a professional woman's face, lied about it which forced her to have to leave UT and forced another player to lose his scholarship when he refused to lie about it. Then after settling with her, for some totally unknown reason he decided to lie about her AGAIN in a book with the help of his dad causing her even more pain. Then he tried to make up lies about her to a judge when trying to get her lawsuit thrown out. When many others refuted what he was saying, the judge basically said settle this thing or else.

So while I agree Cat that we shouldn't put these guys on a pedestal, Peyton carefully molded his image to the media as the good old boy and Archie did as well. I think Peyton is a total fraud and I am glad this is coming out. Maybe it is a smear campaign but that doesn't mean it all did not happen. It appears it did and he deserves to smeared IMO.

I sort of agree Cat and sort of disagree. It seems pretty certain to me that Peyton put his junk in a professional woman's face, lied about it which forced her to have to leave UT and forced another player to lose his scholarship when he refused to lie about it. Then after settling with her, for some totally unknown reason he decided to lie about her AGAIN in a book with the help of his dad causing her even more pain. Then he tried to make up lies about her to a judge when trying to get her lawsuit thrown out. When many others refuted what he was saying, the judge basically said settle this thing or else.

So while I agree Cat that we shouldn't put these guys on a pedestal, Peyton carefully molded his image to the media as the good old boy and Archie did as well. I think Peyton is a total fraud and I am glad this is coming out. Maybe it is a smear campaign but that doesn't mean it all did not happen. It appears it did and he deserves to smeared IMO.

Lots of conjecture in your post. I understand your position, but it could have also been someone hoping to cash in on a payday, the deep pockets theory. Equally plausible.

Lots of conjecture in your post. I understand your position, but it could have also been someone hoping to cash in on a payday, the deep pockets theory. Equally plausible.

The "conjecture" is all in the court documents. Also, too many people have backed her version. Again, I don't have to have enough evidence to convict him in court to feel pretty certain he is a fraud and creep...

If more evidence comes out that makes it look like she and the others are all lying, I reserve the right to change my mind. I doubt that will happen though...

The "conjecture" is all in the court documents. Also, too many people have backed her version. Again, I don't have to have enough evidence to convict him in court to feel pretty certain he is a fraud and creep...

If more evidence comes out that makes it look like she and the others are all lying, I reserve the right to change my mind. I doubt that will happen though...

Why would anymore come out from that side? It's no more than he said, she said. It's all over for them, paid up and moving on. I'm not doubting your point, just playing devil's advocate.

Why would anymore come out from that side? It's no more than he said, she said. It's all over for them, paid up and moving on. I'm not doubting your point, just playing devil's advocate.

It will be interesting if any of them are called to testify in a hearing for the lawsuit...if it gets to a hearing as UT could settle out of court. I would imagine UT wants this to just go away so a settlement will probably happen sooner than later.