Report: Peyton Manning attempted to cover up 1996 sexual assault allegation

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't we have just one clean cut decent hero to look up to in sports without it being tarnished by a bunch of exaggerated nonsense?

There are so many goof balls in the NFL giving it a bad name, and the one guy who helps to save its face has to face accusations from those who want their 5 minutes.

Manning is not a scandalous character, and he's about as classy of a sports figure as you're going to find.

Perhaps I'm naive, but I'm never going to buy any negative attention that others coming out of the woodwork are going to try to present, and why now anyhow?

Can I believe that a 20 year old kid has hopping hormones and might've been turned on to have his toes tickled by a cute girl?

Sure, and if his name was not Manning whatever "happened" would've been long forgotten, and even by the girl involved.

I'm glad that I'm not famous because God only knows what might come back to haunt me.

Geez...this is a load of bull crap.

Yeah this got brought back up because Shaun King didn't like the way Cam Newton was treated after he pouted and walked off stage.

King is an idiot. I can't take anything he says seriously.

And this isn't news.

This would never have been brought up again if Carolina had won the Super Bowl. Everything in post # 5 is spot on.

Yeah this got brought back up because Shaun King didn't like the way Cam Newton was treated after he pouted and walked off stage.

King is an idiot. I can't take anything he says seriously.

And this isn't news.

That's not true. This was brought up after the Patriots lost to the Broncos. My Patriot friends have been posting this old story since then. Shaun King just brought it up a day or two ago.

And that's just a few articles. This story has been out since 1997 and been brought back into the public scene for weeks now. I'm surprised it took this long to make it to BGP. Non story. Shaun King doesn't deserve any recognition/credit/blame for trying to make a non story a story. He isn't alone in this non story re-issue.

That's not true. This was brought up after the Patriots lost to the Broncos. My Patriot friends have been posting this old story since then. Shaun King just brought it up a day or two ago.

It was brought up by king because of the reasons I stated, at least imo

And that's just a few articles. This story has been out since 1997 and been brought back into the public scene for weeks now. I'm surprised it took this long to make it to BGP. Non story. Shaun King doesn't deserve any recognition/credit/blame for trying to make a non story a story. He isn't alone in this non story re-issue.

He's mad because of the way Cam Newton was treated after the super bowl. His motive is clear imo