Border Agents told to Stand Down

Jesse James

Doesn't the article say that border agents are turning away illegals that they catch actively trying to cross the border and that the ones that are already over here are the issue? How is that different from anything that has been going on for the past 50 years? The way I read the article the problem is folks they catch already in the US aren't showing up for court like they are supposed to and disappearing. Instead of putting the resources into tracking down every illegal immigrant that is already over here they are continuing to have as strong a presence on the border as possible.

Did I read that wrong?

Surprising that the righties on here are acting like border patrol is waving illegals across the border as a free for all.

Wait, no it isn't surprising.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nothing new folks. Like I mentioned in another thread, even under Bush we were not enforcing immigration laws. No matter what any candidates say today, it has been a movement by both parties for at least 20 years.

I'm thinking more than 40 years.

My mom grew up on the border about 30 miles outside of El Paso. Most of her family still lives there. Some of them are within 1/4 mile. There is very little to stop anyone from crossing the border, even in broad daylight you can see them coming, sometimes in large groups. Years ago they used to come over peacefully and at most would knock on your door and ask for some food or water. Now theft and vandalism are the norm rather than the exception. We have had a big problem on our border for decades and it will continue to be that way until the government is serious about doing something to stop it.

Then you would agree it's way past time for it to stop. Yes?

Absolutely. I think it is disingenuous to throw blame at the lefties or call out the lefties for not "defending" this. Neither party has done anything substantial for decades to stop the flow of illegal immigrants.

Absolutely. I think it is disingenuous to throw blame at the lefties or call out the lefties for not "defending" this. Neither party has done anything substantial for decades to stop the flow of illegal immigrants.

Well, they aren't. Just stating a fact.

Doesn't the article say that border agents are turning away illegals that they catch actively trying to cross the border and that the ones that are already over here are the issue? How is that different from anything that has been going on for the past 50 years? The way I read the article the problem is folks they catch already in the US aren't showing up for court like they are supposed to and disappearing. Instead of putting the resources into tracking down every illegal immigrant that is already over here they are continuing to have as strong a presence on the border as possible.

Did I read that wrong?

Surprising that the righties on here are acting like border patrol is waving illegals across the border as a free for all.

Wait, no it isn't surprising.

A simple solution to get them to show up for court would be building fences around our court houses and cutting holes in the fence every 20 feet or so. This would likely make the illegals believe that they are not showing up to be deported, but rewarded.

A simple solution to get them to show up for court would be building fences around our court houses and cutting holes in the fence every 20 feet or so. This would likely make the illegals believe that they are not showing up to be deported, but rewarded.

Obviously it isn't that simple though. Otherwise.....