Walton-Verona 41 Williamstown 25

At Williamstown. Score was 14-13 Walton at half. Walton came out in a diamond and one on Stanley. Harden had his team hold it to bring Walton out of it, hence the low score. Walton outscored Williamstown 27-12 in second half. Williamstown went cold in the 4th scoring only one field goal.

At Williamstown. Score was 14-13 Walton at half. Walton came out in a diamond and one on Stanley. Harden had his team hold it to bring Walton out of it, hence the low score. Walton outscored Williamstown 27-12 in second half. Williamstown went cold in the 4th scoring only one field goal.

I bet that was fun to watch. I vote for a shot clock in high school ball.

Edited by Yo Mama
Added to post

I bet that was fun to watch. I vote for a shot clock in high school ball.

It was very entertaining. You don't see games like it much anymore. Love the drama created when David uses the only stone it has to try and take down a Goliath.

The final score of the best game I ever witnessed was 35-33 with 3OT's. 1983 State final Carlisle Co. v. Henry Clay. Every possession of that game meant something. Introduce a shot-clock in high school and there is no point to even schedule many of the games because of the uneven distribution of talent between schools from year to year.

A shot clock is good for the NBA/NCAA product because the talent between teams is comparable and teams get to choose their players. IMO it would ruin high school basketball, making many of the games pointless to watch.

I saw these 2 teams play a couple of weeks ago and the score was 67 to 46 so the margin of victory was not much different in the faster paced game. I don't blame a coach for using this tactic and I really don't see it employed very often. I just prefer to watch a faster paced game.