Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Holy Cross

Featured Replies

I stopped by thier field, they are very big and looked pretty sharp. They will give the beechies all they can handle this year.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be too early for calling out the Tigers. This is the best senior class HC probably has ever had as far as the combo of talent and depth. The qb must stay healthy. It just depends on the entire returning senior class actually getting and staying on the field.

 

As I said in another thread (and much to the chagrin of BigZig), I think the first 3 spots in the district are accounted for and HC has one of them.

 

Tough pre-district schedule should get them prepared for the uphill battles with NC and Beechwood.

Might be too early for calling out the Tigers. This is the best senior class HC probably has ever had as far as the combo of talent and depth. The qb must stay healthy. It just depends on the entire returning senior class actually getting and staying on the field.

 

As I said in another thread (and much to the chagrin of BigZig), I think the first 3 spots in the district are accounted for and HC has one of them.

 

Tough pre-district schedule should get them prepared for the uphill battles with NC and Beechwood.

:thumb: Until HC beats either NCC or Beechwood their is no reason to believe they will. But this will be the most overall talented team since HC program has started. They have a great RB in Penny who will conted for the area rushing crown and if Abbeling can stay healthy they have a legit QB threat. On defense they are big and fast. It should be an intersting year in Latonia.

I noticed their size last season, they had some big boys for a small school program. Due they return a bunch of starters? I know they had one kid at Wr last season who could fly, I believe he may be a Jr this season.

I noticed their size last season, they had some big boys for a small school program. Due they return a bunch of starters? I know they had one kid at Wr last season who could fly, I believe he may be a Jr this season.

HC returns almost everyone of importance and two kids who were lost last year due to injury. QB Abbeling and Defensive Lineman Robert Walker, who is a Junior and could be one of the more talented player in all of NKY at that position.

They will not be as good as the team of '03 with Armstrong at RB, and they will not beat Beechwood or NCC.

They will not be as good as the team of '03 with Armstrong at RB, and they will not beat Beechwood or NCC.

This team is much more balanced on both sides of the ball. Also Beechwood and NCC are not as good as they were in 03.

 

With that said HC has to beat them first.

Is this HC team projected to be better than the one team that had the two stud RB's, Stone and I forget the other kid's name.

Is this HC team projected to be better than the one team that had the two stud RB's, Stone and I forget the other kid's name.

I think thats what Wildcat was speaking of. Again I don't know if anyone on the team indivdualy is as good as those two. But the overall team talent and sheer number of senior athletes is much greater than any other year before. Although Anthony Penny that RB for HC could have a special year.

Even if HC is much improved they have a long way to go before they beat NCC or Beechwood. Neither Beechwood or NCC has had to take HC serious yet.

 

With all that said I hope HC gives both NCC and Beechwood all they want, it will only make NKY 1A football better.

This team is much more balanced on both sides of the ball. Also Beechwood and NCC are not as good as they were in 03.

 

With that said HC has to beat them first.

 

I beleive NCC is as good as the 03 team,and I beleive Beechwood is not as good as the 03 team.I also would like to HC give them both good games.

HC should have a very good team this year with the largest group of seniors they have ever had from what I saw on ICN 6 but until they prove otherwise they still must be included in the group with Bellevue, Dayton and Ludlow and any talk of HC ever trying to include themselves in the same conversation with NCC and Beechwood is just foolish talk. They are definitely the favorite to be the 3 seed in the District but with Koz at the helm who knows what may happen.

  • Author

I have been waching this team get better every year, and you are all right.

Only time will tell this season, wether or not they can beat Beechwood or NCC.But it is very disrespecful to talk about Koz like that. He has more football knowledge in his pinkie than most of us will have in life time.

I have been waching this team get better every year, and you are all right.

Only time will tell this season, wether or not they can beat Beechwood or NCC.But it is very disrespecful to talk about Koz like that. He has more football knowledge in his pinkie than most of us will have in life time.

 

:rolleyes: He may have more knowledge then the rest of us but that doesn't always translate into being able to apply it as a coach.. As I've said many times b4 just because you play in the NFL doesn't mean you know more then any other football coach..So far he hasn't proven anything to me and many others.

I have been waching this team get better every year, and you are all right.

Only time will tell this season, wether or not they can beat Beechwood or NCC.But it is very disrespecful to talk about Koz like that. He has more football knowledge in his pinkie than most of us will have in life time.

I agree with that. The program has deffinetly gotten better over the years. Every year now they are expected to make the playoffs. Other than Beechwood and NCC who else can you say that about? I don't mind giving them a few more years to get on par with the big boys, as they seem to always be progressing.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.