January 11, 201610 yr Author I am saying that based on a post in his thread, that if everyone doesn't agree it is a problem, then it is not a problem. I do not agree with that line of thinking. Then give the solutions for what you think are problems. Or better yet list what you think is wrong with the world.
January 11, 201610 yr I didnt start this for a LGBT debate. I just answered the question in the above post. I think its a morality issue. Now there you have my answer. What about the rest of the problems? Why are you dodging the questions? If you didn't want to discuss it, why did you include it? What's your solution to counteract homosexuality, and how would that improve our country?
January 11, 201610 yr As to the bolded, I honestly don't know, and don't truly care all that much. You lumped being gay in with issues like ISIS....I mean seriously? Even if we say it is a problem, can we agree that it's not anywhere close to the level of the other issues you noted? Some cannot. Obviously.
January 11, 201610 yr I guess that's where (I think) most will disagree, and why we're having trouble with the thread premise....I think the world is doing just fine. There are no more nor less problems facing the world today than there always has been or always will be. The problems we face today are no more pressing than in the past either IMO. I agree.
January 11, 201610 yr Why are you dodging the questions? If you didn't want to discuss it, why did you include it? What's your solution to counteract homosexuality, and how would that improve our country? Pray the gay away.
January 11, 201610 yr One of, if not the biggest problem....People think their values, thoughts, and opinions are universally shared. What's a "problem" for some isn't for others. Without acknowledging that, no real problem will ever be solved. By simply realizing that the values and opinions you (general, not you specifically) hold aren't universal, and not trying to press them upon others. So, if everyone does not agree it is a problem, then it isn't a problem? Then say I dont think this is a problem, but move on and lets see what you think we can do to bring everyone together and create some solutions. I am saying that based on a post in his thread, that if everyone doesn't agree it is a problem, then it is not a problem. I do not agree with that line of thinking. Then give the solutions for what you think are problems. Or better yet list what you think is wrong with the world. Based on this conversation,if everyone does not agree it is a problem, then to some it is not a problem.
January 11, 201610 yr "We have a former US Olympian Bruce Jenner, walking around in a dress as now Kaitlyn Jenner." Don't forget this one. Right after ISIS.
January 11, 201610 yr Based on this conversation,if everyone does not agree it is a problem, then to some it is not a problem. That wasn't my point, but okay. You're never going to get anywhere on something that a very large chunk of the population doesn't see as a problem. When you frame it as being a problem, well the conversation isn't going to even start. ISIS? Everyone agrees it's a problem. Illegal immigration? Almost everyone agrees it's a problem to at least some degree. Mass shootings? Everyone agrees they're a problem. LGBT movement? Very large % of the population, whether they agree with it or not, don't see it as a "problem". That was my point.
January 11, 201610 yr That wasn't my point, but okay. You're never going to get anywhere on something that a very large chunk of the population doesn't see as a problem. When you frame it as being a problem, well the conversation isn't going to even start. ISIS? Everyone agrees it's a problem. Illegal immigration? Almost everyone agrees it's a problem to at least some degree. Mass shootings? Everyone agrees they're a problem. LGBT movement? Very large % of the population, whether they agree with it or not, don't see it as a "problem". That was my point. Your point was pretty clear, IMO.
January 11, 201610 yr Author Why are you dodging the questions? If you didn't want to discuss it, why did you include it? What's your solution to counteract homosexuality, and how would that improve our country? Dont think there is no counter. Just think its a problem for our society and not afraid to say it. Gotta go talk to a gay person and give some advice( true story). They are my friends too. But I find it alarming that of all the things wrong with the world. you guys pick this one issue to take offense with me. ( I guess I am a bigot according to you all). But carry on with the rest of the problems. I have to go for now.
January 11, 201610 yr Dont think there is no counter. Just think its a problem for our society and not afraid to say it. Gotta go talk to a gay person and give some advice( true story). They are my friends too. But I find it alarming that of all the things wrong with the world. you guys pick this one issue to take offense with me. ( I guess I am a bigot according to you all). But carry on with the rest of the problems. I have to go for now. I can't speak for anyone else, but the fact that you included homosexuality with the other problems you listed is alarming to me. That's why I selected that one to start. Gay people aren't a risk to our national security. Gay people aren't terrorists. Gay people aren't barricading themselves inside Federal buildings. Just like you, I'm trying to understand why you think that is equal to the other issues. Nothing more, nothing less. I didn't say you were a bigot, either.
January 11, 201610 yr Author I think its a morality issue. There is my answer to that one. Now that we have my take on all them and my answer to that alarming thought process on my behalf, what about the rest of the problems I mentioned or any others that want to be brought up. I think most agree we are heading down a slippery slope with alot of this stuff. Had to come back home is why I am back for just this one post.
January 11, 201610 yr I think its a morality issue. There is my answer to that one. Now that we have my take on all them and my answer to that alarming thought process on my behalf, what about the rest of the problems I mentioned or any others that want to be brought up. I think most agree we are heading down a slippery slope with alot of this stuff. Had to come back home is why I am back for just this one post. I understand the worries about diminishing morality in society. However, I'm not sure I equate Gay Rights with diminishing morals. As a society we are facing many issues within our communities....to say that LGBT movement is the biggest one we face, seems like a bit of a stretch. Is it really a problem that they want to be treated equally??
January 11, 201610 yr At present we have several countries in the Middle East in war with ISIS who wants a Muslim Caliphate. Millions have been displaced and currently we have a refugee crisis that has not been seen for quite sometime. In my opinion, we (America) stick our nose in too many things that do not directly affect us. Yes, ISIS has become a world wide issue, but we need only address the things that concern our country. Everyone else is on their own. As for the refugees, our process needs to be improved and strengthened before I would every feel comfortable with refugees from that region coming to our country. How do we make it better? I'm not sure... We have a former US Olympian Bruce Jenner, walking around in a dress as now Kaitlyn Jenner. Non-issue, in my opinion, as it doesn't affect anyone's life except Jenner's. We have both Republicans and Democrats that have drawn a line in the sand and will not listen to anything the other says. This is quite concerning. We will never get to where we could as a country with both sides being stubborn. I'm not sure there will ever be a "perfect" solution in terms of political issues, but I am confident the "right" answer lies in the middle. Without compromise, we will never grow or move forward. We have North/South Korea again on edge. The US today flew a B52 over South Korea to make sure they(North Korea) understand we are still around after the latest nuke/hydrogen bomb test. This is one of those subjects that I don't think is any of our business. If North Korea Bullies South Korea, oh well. That's not our problem. Keep our nose out of it. We have a rancher from Nevada in Oregon occupying a federal outpost protesting a sentence that was unjust on another rancher in Oregon. We have Black Lives Matters protests ongoing at several different spots. We have college students needing safe zones( enough said). Protests are our right as American citizens, and we should continue to be allowed to protest what we feel the need to. There are going to be protests we agree with, and those we don't. The issue is when those protests turn violent. We have to establish a zero-tolerance type policy for protesting and enforce it EVERY time, regardless of the group doing the protesting. Shootings. We have grade school, theater, workplace, military base, churches, Paris etc on a daily basis. One side screams gun control, the other we need more guns. As insensitive as it may sound, there are always going to be crazy people in the world that are going to snap and shoot up a building. It's my opinion that no amount of guns or gun control is going to stop these from happening. Sure if more people are carrying it may reduce the number of deaths in some of these cases, but there's no way to know for sure. Presidential candidates are under investigation and nobody cares. Trump is and has never been a politician and yet his following is enormous. He brags about his wealth. Did I say he brags about his wealth? Yet he still leads when everyone said he would be gone by now. Our current crop of potential leaders is concerning. The bigger issue is that you can't take what ANY of these people say with much weight, because most of them don't do what they say, or they do something so drastically different that their campaign promises hold zero merit. I don't think there is a solution for that. Our border is open for business. Illegal business as in immigration and we have laws to protect that yet we have officials who choose not to enforce the laws on the books for our national safety and turn a blind eye. Border control is a definite issue, along with illegal immigrants. I am all border reinforcements and making it more difficult to get into the country. Anyone here illegally that commits a crime should immediately be deported and never allowed entrance again. For those that want to apply for citizenship and do it the right way, let them.
January 11, 201610 yr Interesting that a rundown entitled "State of the Planet Earth" ignores the state of the planet earth. A transvestite merits inclusion but no mention of climate change? Yikes. How can we possibly solve any problems until we get past the infantile concerns about what other people do with their private parts? Edited January 11, 201610 yr by MayfieldFan
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.