Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

State of Planet Earth

Featured Replies

  • Author
I did no such thing. I stated the biggest problem we face today is that people expect others to see things from their perspective. An example: You think gays and the LGBT movement is a problem. A large number of people view it as positive. When you lump something like that in with real actual problems, the discussion shuts down before it ever begins.

 

So far you are the only one complaining. If I go back through your posts( which I have) this is a trait you have. :grumpy:

  • Replies 162
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Then what is your opinion on how we fix the rest?

 

You should take some of your own advice about not trying to push your own thoughts on others. Like I said above, just because you/me or anyone else 'thinks' something is right or wrong does not make that so.

 

By the way you are doing in this thread exactly what you say the problem is.

 

As to the bolded, I honestly don't know, and don't truly care all that much.

 

You lumped being gay in with issues like ISIS....I mean seriously? Even if we say it is a problem, can we agree that it's not anywhere close to the level of the other issues you noted?

  • Author
So, if everyone does not agree it is a problem, then it isn't a problem?

 

Then say I dont think this is a problem, but move on and lets see what you think we can do to bring everyone together and create some solutions.

I asked for solutions, not questions. Are you are retired lawyer?

 

You want a solution for people being gay?

  • Author
As to the bolded, I honestly don't know, and don't truly care all that much.

 

You lumped being gay in with issues like ISIS....I mean seriously? Even if we say it is a problem, can we agree that it's not anywhere close to the level of the other issues you noted?

 

I never said these were all on the same level, I just stated that this is where we are in the world today.

 

I think what you are referring to is a huge and I mean huge morality issue. See thats my opinion. Your is different I am sure.

  • Author
You want a solution for people being gay?

 

Did not say that. Just stated that this is where we are at and gave my opinion.

 

Now whats your solution to the other problems if this one bothers you, just leave it out.

I blame Burfict.

Did not say that. Just stated that this is where we are at and gave my opinion.

 

Now whats your solution to the other problems if this one bothers you, just leave it out.

 

You pointed out that the LBGT Movement was full force ahead. Obviously you have issue with that. How about you explain yourself on that before you try to force answers out of everyone else.

 

To add to that, since you started the thread, what are YOUR solutions to all the problems?

  • Author

I will also have to leave this to you all to decide in a few. I do have to work at some point today, lol.

 

Just a thought. I started this to try to bring us together on alot of this stuff where we can move past just you are wrong/I am right mentality. How do we do that long enough to realize that things are not going well for the world right now? I am not in politically correct world so my thoughts are sometimes very dividing. And I am trying to figure out how to bring people more together without having to sacrifice what I believe.

  • Author
You pointed out that the LBGT Movement was full force ahead. Obviously you have issue with that. How about you explain yourself on that before you try to force answers out of everyone else.

 

Like @bballfamily said. see post #4.

I guess that's where (I think) most will disagree, and why we're having trouble with the thread premise....I think the world is doing just fine. There are no more nor less problems facing the world today than there always has been or always will be. The problems we face today are no more pressing than in the past either IMO.

Like @bballfamily said. see post #4.

 

So you believe our country is worse off because people are gay?

 

How so?

 

What's your solution to counteract homosexuality, and how would that improve our country?

Then say I dont think this is a problem, but move on and lets see what you think we can do to bring everyone together and create some solutions.

 

I am saying that based on a post in his thread, that if everyone doesn't agree it is a problem, then it is not a problem.

 

 

I do not agree with that line of thinking.

  • Author
So you believe our country is worse off because people are gay?

 

How so?

 

I didnt start this for a LGBT debate. I just answered the question in the above post. I think its a morality issue. Now there you have my answer. What about the rest of the problems?

I guess that's where (I think) most will disagree, and why we're having trouble with the thread premise....I think the world is doing just fine. There are no more nor less problems facing the world today than there always has been or always will be. The problems we face today are no more pressing than in the past either IMO.

 

I tend to agree with this. The difference is that "in the past" you didn't have up to date dirty laundry at your fingertips in an instant.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.