January 12, 201610 yr I still think 100% of what I said. I am a Christian. Its obvious you are not. Thats why I have stepped back and said that you need to step back. Do not think for a second you are backing me down. One thing you can rest assured, I dont "front". Most Christians do not oppose gay marriage, I saw a pew research poll on this. So you don't get to just say "I am a Christian" as if that justifies it. Most Christians disagree with you. Most Christians agree with me. If your beliefs were a result of your religion, why didn't you list "lots of people are eating shellfish" in your state of the planet. Or "way too many people wear multi-colored clothes". Your beliefs don't come from that book, or god. You put your beliefs in the book and then use that to justify your views. Who cares if your views hurt people if god tells you its okay? Right? That's what you're saying. "I think what I think and I won't change...because god." But you pick and choose. Shellfish okay. Multicolored clothes okay. Wanna know why you pick and choose? Because you are making the choices. You don't like gay people...so neither does god. You like shrimp.....so you ignore god on that one.
January 12, 201610 yr Author Most Christians do not oppose gay marriage, I saw a pew research poll on this. So you don't get to just say "I am a Christian" as if that justifies it. Most Christians disagree with you. Most Christians agree with me. If your beliefs were a result of your religion, why didn't you list "lots of people are eating shellfish" in your state of the planet. Or "way too many people wear multi-colored clothes". Your beliefs don't come from that book, or god. You put your beliefs in the book and then use that to justify your views. Who cares if your views hurt people if god tells you its okay? Right? That's what you're saying. "I think what I think and I won't change...because god." But you pick and choose. Shellfish okay. Multicolored clothes okay. Wanna know why you pick and choose? Because you are making the choices. You don't like gay people...so neither does god. You like shrimp.....so you ignore god on that one. I am going to be nice here. You live in a different world than I do. If you remotely believe in God, then you better pick the book up and read it for yourself. Thats the best advice I can give you. The Pew poll wont get you to heaven....
January 12, 201610 yr The Bible isn't banned in school. Organized prayer and religious teachings led by adults is though, which considering all the differences of interpretations everybody on here should be happy about that.
January 12, 201610 yr Author The Bible isn't banned in school. Organized prayer and religious teachings led by adults is though, which considering all the differences of interpretations everybody on here should be happy about that. Thats why I said read it for yourself. Its pretty easy to read.
January 12, 201610 yr The Bengals BLEW another game and people are worrying about this crap that none of us have ANY control over. Live your life without as much judgment of others as possible and you can usually sleep at night. hate to tell you we can't stop this either :sorry::(
January 12, 201610 yr If your beliefs were a result of your religion, why didn't you list "lots of people are eating shellfish" in your state of the planet. Or "way too many people wear multi-colored clothes". Your beliefs don't come from that book, or god. You put your beliefs in the book and then use that to justify your views. Who cares if your views hurt people if god tells you its okay? Right? That's what you're saying. "I think what I think and I won't change...because god." But you pick and choose. Shellfish okay. Multicolored clothes okay. The shellfish/clothing issue you brought up...those are part of an Old Testament Jewish moral code (for lack of a better phrase) that is no longer binding. With regard to homosexuality, the New Testament does repeat the command that it is sinful.
January 12, 201610 yr Thats why I said read it for yourself. Its pretty easy to read. I meant to put on there from the first post.
January 12, 201610 yr At one time Rock and Roll music was considered perversion. At one time interracial relationships were considered immoral. Where do you stand on those issues? The Bible does clearly speaks out against homosexuality.
January 12, 201610 yr I am going to be nice here. You live in a different world than I do. If you remotely believe in God, then you better pick the book up and read it for yourself. Thats the best advice I can give you. The Pew poll wont get you to heaven.... I don't remotely believe. But I used to be able to recite hundreds of verses easily. (I was in bible drill for years.) I know the bible well enough to discuss it with you. You ignored the questions about shellfish. So let's try another. Why, in your listing of issues, did you not list "people are not being charitable enough" That's something Jesus talked about. Why no "we are not loving our enemies enough, nor blessing those that curse us." Why is the ONLY issue on your list of issues to do with other people's private parts and what they do with them? Why do you ignore EVERY SINGLE WORD attributed to Jesus?. I mean if religion is important to you, it appears, by your words that you choose, that your religion is concerned primarily with denouncing gay people as immoral. I mean, if there was a jesus, would he not be mad at you for your complete disregard of issues he talked about as you came up with the "state of the planet." If Jesus did a "state of the planet" would it look anything like yours? Nope. Yet you want to justify your issue list by invoking his teachings. Pretty weak.
January 12, 201610 yr Most Christians do not oppose gay marriage, I saw a pew research poll on this. So you don't get to just say "I am a Christian" as if that justifies it. Most Christians disagree with you. Most Christians agree with me. If your beliefs were a result of your religion, why didn't you list "lots of people are eating shellfish" in your state of the planet. Or "way too many people wear multi-colored clothes". Your beliefs don't come from that book, or god. You put your beliefs in the book and then use that to justify your views. Who cares if your views hurt people if god tells you its okay? Right? That's what you're saying. "I think what I think and I won't change...because god." But you pick and choose. Shellfish okay. Multicolored clothes okay. Wanna know why you pick and choose? Because you are making the choices. You don't like gay people...so neither does god. You like shrimp.....so you ignore god on that one. Please include the New Testament when you make reference to reading the Bible.
January 12, 201610 yr Please include the New Testament when you make reference to reading the Bible. See post 84. Now you show me where Jesus discussed homosexuality. Not peter or james, jesus.
January 12, 201610 yr Author I don't remotely believe. But I used to be able to recite hundreds of verses easily. (I was in bible drill for years.) I know the bible well enough to discuss it with you. You ignored the questions about shellfish. So let's try another. Why, in your listing of issues, did you not list "people are not being charitable enough" That's something Jesus talked about. Why no "we are not loving our enemies enough, nor blessing those that curse us." Why is the ONLY issue on your list of issues to do with other people's private parts and what they do with them? Why do you ignore EVERY SINGLE WORD attributed to Jesus?. I mean if religion is important to you, it appears, by your words that you choose, that your religion is concerned primarily with denouncing gay people as immoral. I mean, if there was a jesus, would he not be mad at you for your complete disregard of issues he talked about as you came up with the "state of the planet." If Jesus did a "state of the planet" would it look anything like yours? Nope. Yet you want to justify your issue list by invoking his teachings. Pretty weak. I feel like Noah......its going to rain.
January 12, 201610 yr I don't remotely believe. But I used to be able to recite hundreds of verses easily. (I was in bible drill for years.) I know the bible well enough to discuss it with you. You ignored the questions about shellfish. So let's try another. Why, in your listing of issues, did you not list "people are not being charitable enough" That's something Jesus talked about. Why no "we are not loving our enemies enough, nor blessing those that curse us." Why is the ONLY issue on your list of issues to do with other people's private parts and what they do with them? Why do you ignore EVERY SINGLE WORD attributed to Jesus?. I mean if religion is important to you, it appears, by your words that you choose, that your religion is concerned primarily with denouncing gay people as immoral. I mean, if there was a jesus, would he not be mad at you for your complete disregard of issues he talked about as you came up with the "state of the planet." If Jesus did a "state of the planet" would it look anything like yours? Nope. Yet you want to justify your issue list by invoking his teachings. Pretty weak. Christians are generous and loving. Are there some who take it to the extreme, yes, but I believe they are a minority. As for an issue as homosexuality, one should love all of God's children. At the same time they need to point out when someone is not following the word of God.
January 12, 201610 yr Author I don't remotely believe. But I used to be able to recite hundreds of verses easily. (I was in bible drill for years.) I know the bible well enough to discuss it with you. You ignored the questions about shellfish. So let's try another. Why, in your listing of issues, did you not list "people are not being charitable enough" That's something Jesus talked about. Why no "we are not loving our enemies enough, nor blessing those that curse us." Why is the ONLY issue on your list of issues to do with other people's private parts and what they do with them? Why do you ignore EVERY SINGLE WORD attributed to Jesus?. I mean if religion is important to you, it appears, by your words that you choose, that your religion is concerned primarily with denouncing gay people as immoral. I mean, if there was a jesus, would he not be mad at you for your complete disregard of issues he talked about as you came up with the "state of the planet." If Jesus did a "state of the planet" would it look anything like yours? Nope. Yet you want to justify your issue list by invoking his teachings. Pretty weak. If you had read it all then you would have understanding. I will tell you this. When sin is called out it gets people hot. Just ask Jesus. He was crucified for it.
January 12, 201610 yr The shellfish/clothing issue you brought up...those are part of an Old Testament Jewish moral code (for lack of a better phrase) that is no longer binding. With regard to homosexuality, the New Testament does repeat the command that it is sinful. I think Jesus took a different position with respect to the applicability of the law; I stand ready to be corrected. The nt provisions you reference are not as clear, and none of them are attributed to jesus. Of course, it's all made up anyway imo.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.