Manual 69 Sacred Heart 52

Although I did not see this game, I would bet my lie savings that Sacred Heart played man defense. You would think they would realize that to win the 7th region they cannot defend the likes of Eastern Male or Manual that way. Thise teams have something that SHA lacks that being a true post presence. If they do not adapt they cannot win this region against those teams. The Sivils kid cannot guard all five on the other team.

Although I did not see this game, I would bet my lie savings that Sacred Heart played man defense. You would think they would realize that to win the 7th region they cannot defend the likes of Eastern Male or Manual that way. Thise teams have something that SHA lacks that being a true post presence. If they do not adapt they cannot win this region against those teams. The Sivils kid cannot guard all five on the other team.

Your assumption is correct, SHA played man to man the whole game. McCune and Curry took over in the paint. Manual was something like 0-12 from the three in this game. Would love to get into a shooting contest with Manual because that is a strength of the Valkyries.

I'm sure SHA's coach is working on other defensive strategies for the remainder of the years schedule. If the Valkyries win their first game of the LIT, they get another opportunity to play Manual. On another note, in the paper it was documented that SHA's best player sprained her ankle the day before in practice. This severely hampered her ability to utilize her skills in this game.

Ok I'm out of retirement, I went to game and am still in disbelief SHA didnt pack in to a basic grade school 2-3 zone and make Manual hit a shot from the outside. If I recall, Manual hit a three right out of the gate but the rest of the points were layups and free throws. Sacred Heart will not contend in the 7th if they continue to play like that. Manual took advantage of what SHA was giving them and just took it to the basket. SHA has too good of shooters but did not use them in second half, one hit a three when they were mounting a comeback and then was taken out. Samsel could have been gotten the ball better. Once Manual took big lead SHA got away from team ball. The big freshman Blackford for manual will also be a force for the next few years.i don't make all SHA games but did see the SHA v Eastern game and recall the same thing in that game. Second half SHA got away from team play, I think SHA had someone shoot 5/5 in first half and they did not get her the ball the second half. Still young, still plenty of time. Berger shot poorly in Manual game, if it was because of an ankle injury them she needed to change her game and distribute the ball to the shooters, Samsel and 43. Curry is a gamer as well.

Ok I'm out of retirement, I went to game and am still in disbelief SHA didnt pack in to a basic grade school 2-3 zone and make Manual hit a shot from the outside. If I recall, Manual hit a three right out of the gate but the rest of the points were layups and free throws. Sacred Heart will not contend in the 7th if they continue to play like that. Manual took advantage of what SHA was giving them and just took it to the basket. SHA has too good of shooters but did not use them in second half, one hit a three when they were mounting a comeback and then was taken out. Samsel could have been gotten the ball better. Once Manual took big lead SHA got away from team ball. The big freshman Blackford for manual will also be a force for the next few years.i don't make all SHA games but did see the SHA v Eastern game and recall the same thing in that game. Second half SHA got away from team play, I think SHA had someone shoot 5/5 in first half and they did not get her the ball the second half. Still young, still plenty of time. Berger shot poorly in Manual game, if it was because of an ankle injury them she needed to change her game and distribute the ball to the shooters, Samsel and 43. Curry is a gamer as well.

Too funny!

I doubt if the sprained ankle made the difference. Hope she recovers soon. You made my point by stating that Manual did not make a 3 pointer in the game. If the star player had a sprained ankle, it seems a zone defense would have been even a better option defensively. I can only assume that a program like Sacred Heart would have either seen Manual play or watched them on film prior to the game. It does not take a rocket scientist to see that using a zine defense would be the way to play them. Heart is a young team. They need every opportunity to win to bolster their confidence. I hope to make the LIT. Some of the Wednesday matchups look pretty competitive. If I can keep my sister from dragging me to the outlet mall in Simpsonville I hope to be at Bellarmine on that Wednesday

Surprising to me because I think that SHA coach is pretty good. I did see a few mistakes in the Eastern game which cost them as well. But we can all point mistakes of everyone or this wouldn't be any fun. Hard to score inside against Manual. Blackford as long as she keeps progressing, is gong to be a big time player.