Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Which former Cat would help Kentucky 2016 the most?

Which former Wildcat would have the biggest impact on this year's team? 30 members have voted

  1. 1. Which former Wildcat would have the biggest impact on this year's team?

    • Andrew Harrison
      0%
      0
    • Aaron Harrison
      0%
      0
    • Trey Lyles
      16%
    • Dakari Johnson
      20%
    • Willie Cauley-Stein
      56%
    • Devin Booker
      6%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I think I would go with Lyles because he would give UK a real strong scoring threat from the front court, something they really lack right now.

 

I agree, he was my pick as well. I get what people are saying about WCS, but he gives you little offense and Lee can do a lot of the same things he did. Let's not forget that Willie would often go MIA for long stretches as well, but when he was on he was on.

 

Like LRCW, I feel Lyles gives them some post scoring and just more scoring and versatility in general. Outside of Ulis and Murray the Cats have had a hard time getting anything going on the offensive end, I think Lyles could have really meshed well with this group and gave them a good pick and pop and inside out threat.

 

Booker was a close second for me, some outside shooting certainly wouldn't hurt this team.

 

Dakari also not a bad choice as it gives them a legit 5 man, which they do not have at the moment.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WCS seems like the obvious answer. But after thinking about it longer having Booker on the floor with Ullis and Murray seems deadly. Opens the floor up big time.

I often wonder how some of you get through the work day because it's obvious reading comprehension isn't a real strong suit with some of you. :lol2::lol2:

 

I know Mashburn isn't on the list...I can read fine, thanks. You apparently missed the sarcasm in my comment.

  • Author
I know Mashburn isn't on the list...I can read fine, thanks. You apparently missed the sarcasm in my comment.

 

I still don't see the sarcasm. Mashburn wasn't a bit soft and was a leader. Where is the sarcasm?

Jamal Mashburn? This team needs a leader...someone who isn't soft.

Amen to that one, and somebody who can put the biscuit in the basket.

I'll vote for Dan Issel just to tick LRCW off.

  • Author
I'll vote for Dan Issel just to tick LRCW off.

 

You never have followed instructions very well. I expect it from you.

I'd like to see Lyles back this year. While nobody would be better than the good version of WCS, lets not forget that he had several games where he would disappear. I think with more minutes Lyles would have been an incredible scorer, and to me that is the biggest weakness in this year team is someone that can consistently score in the post.

Only realistic guy who should be back is Dakari.

Besides Cousins and Issel, I'd take Turpin.

None of those I would go with MKG

 

Do you think Briscoe is a poor mans version of MKG? Plays hard, isn't afraid of contact, ferocious defender but couldn't make a jumper to save his life.

Give me Nazr Muhammed and/or Jamaal Magloire for some help in the post, and Saul Smith so Ullis can get a breather once a half.

Give me Nazr Muhammed and/or Jamaal Magloire for some help in the post, and Saul Smith so Ullis can get a breather once a half.

 

I was with you until you said Saul Smith.

I was with you until you said Saul Smith.

 

I can't reminisce on the glory days without a mention of Saul.

Dakari. This team is Charmin soft down low, and while WCS was a hell of a defensive player, he played somewhat soft. Dakari would be a huge help simply because of his ability to rebound and bang IMO.

 

WCS probably would have helped this team more, but Dakari probably should have been back and would have helped better than what we have. However offensively he wasn't that great either and usually got his shot blocked because he can't jump, and defensively he also wasn't that good of a rebounder because well once again he couldn't jump and didn't play that physical IMO. Two years ago when the made the finals when WCS was hurt, their best lineup was when Dakari was not in and they had Poythress and Randle in down low.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.