Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Giving XXXX up for 40 Days?

Featured Replies

Put these in order from 1 to 8 with 1 being the one you would have the hardest time giving up for 40 Days:

 

 

*Sex

*Meat

*Coffee/Tea/Soft Drinks

*Alcohol

*Chocolate/Candy

* TV/Radio/CDs/Ipod

*Internet

*Cell Phone

  • Replies 42
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sex

Alcohol

Internet

TV/radio

Phone

Soft drinjk

Meat

Candy

1Internet

2 Cell Phone

3 Coffee

4 TV

5 Sex

6 Meat

7 Candy

8 Alcohol

1 Sex (If I had to wait 40 days, after Day 40 Mrs. Lawnboy wouldn't walk straight for 40 days) :lol2:

2a Internet (.....and go without my hoops updates?)

2b Cell Phone (.....and go without my hoops updates?)

4a Meat (I love Salmon, Trout, & Shark....but not 40 days worth)

4b Coffee/Tea/Soft Drinks (gotta have morning joe, & love Mtn. Dew too much)

4c TV/Radio/CDs/Ipod TV could do without, radio....not happenin')

6 Chocolate/Candy (this would be difficult, but doable)

8 Alcohol (hell I go without for 6 to 8 months now, 40 Days would be a breeze.)

I stopped reading after #1.

Internet

Coffee

TV/Radio

Chocolate

Sex

Meat

Cell Phone

Alcohol

Sex and the Internet go hand in hand for some right? ; )

 

See what I did there?

Sex and the Internet go hand in hand for some right? ; )

 

See what I did there?

 

Talking from experience? LOL

Put these in order from 1 to 8 with 1 being the one you would have the hardest time giving up for 40 Days:

 

 

*Sex

*Meat

*Coffee/Tea/Soft Drinks

*Alcohol

*Chocolate/Candy

* TV/Radio/CDs/Ipod

*Internet

*Cell Phone

 

1. Cell Phone

2. Internet

3. Tea

4. TV / Radio

5. Meat

6. Sex

7. Candy

8. Alcohol

Cell Phone

TV/Radio

Sex

Meat

Candy

Internet

Tea

Alcohol

 

Bottom two are easy. Can't stand either one.

1) sex

2) sex

3) chocolate

4) sex

5) sex

6) sex

7) alcohol

8) sex

Cell Phone - would be virtually impossible

Internet - almost put this one above #1 as they go hand-in-hand

Sex - yea, not happening

Meat - couldn't do it

Booze - ugh...I can do it but ain't gonna like it

TV - I HAVE done this before but it's pretty ingrained in me

Coffee - same as above

Chocolate - not terribly hard to give up sweets

The top four on my list I have no desire, need, or want to give them up for that long. Booze is in a category on it's own as it does affect my athletic performance somewhat when I'm drinking a lot so I do have a need to give it up for longer periods of time.

 

TV - I really like TV but if I had the internet I could do it. I would like to cut back how much I watch TV and get back to reading more.

 

Coffee/caffeine - I can sometimes let my caffeine intake get WAY, WAY out of hand. Right now I'm having a cup or two early in the mornings on the days I get up prior to 5 am to workout. An occasional cup on a day I don't get up that early. As it sits now I'm very ok with my caffeine intake so won't be giving it up anytime soon.

 

Chocolate - I NEED to give sweets back up. I've developed somewhat of a sweet tooth the last three years

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.