Wilmington (OH) 57 Covington Catholic 55

hoops5

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unreal game. Great experience for a young CCH team. Cumberland is, as advertised. Wilmington a good team.

Cumberland carried the team on his shoulders, very nice player. This game will do nothing but help CCH out in the long run. A very scrappy, hard fought game, with a lot of physical play. Great atmosphere, Wilmington brought a nice little crowd with them.

CCH freshman and JV both dominated their games. I was very impressed with the CCH JV team. Didn't get to watch the freshman, just walked in to gym at end of game.

Flood played as well as could have been expected. Did some jawing with Cumberland, which was good to see. Just competitive spirit, didn't seem malicious. Flood had a nice game. He stays composed and makes some shots, hustles, and plays with a smile.

CVH struggled early, but finished with a solid game, maybe not by his standards, but did okay.

I was most impressed by the Fredrick kid for CCH. Really composed, made some nice plays around the basket, played real solid D, and hit some shots.

Cumberland was a beast. I stated Wilmington had a nice team... While Cumberland carried them, they had a competitive edge, and were fiesty. Had a couple of guys make some plays other than JC, and their defense was pretty stout.

The game was very physical, and the crowd was awesome (both teams showed up). I sat next to the head coaches wife (so I was told) and she and the kids were locked in and rooting for their guys... Pretty cool!

Freshman game was a blowout. I was impressed by CCH Freshman and JV teams. Both work extremely hard.

Coach R really runs a very nice program. Maybe the best in NKY. Those kids are very well disciplined in their game, and seem well schooled. He makes great adjustments throughout the game and his players respond.

BTW, I'm not a CCH fan, just a basketball nut :)

36 points, 7 rebounds, 3 blocks, 3 steals, 2 assists. 5-8 from deep.

That's a regular day at the office for him. He's gonna be a monster at UC paired with Jacob Evans.

Hope MTGL got used to hearing his name called because he will be hearing it a lot for 4 years in that UC-X game..I just hope UC can get a win or two during that time :lol2:

36 points, 7 rebounds, 3 blocks, 3 steals, 2 assists. 5-8 from deep.

I'm having trouble thinking of another kid that's come into Park Hills and had a performance like that.

11/23 overall (5/13 in the first half) 5/8 from 3 and 9/10 from the line.

CCH actually did a solid job on him as far as contesting shots and making him work. AJ had him most of the night . Whomever had him ran into a TON of screens tonight.

CCH led by 3 with about a minute left. He hit a fade away 3 with a hand in his face right in front of the Wilmington bench. It was the most impressive shot of the night.

They are not a one-man team though. Their PG is really good and their team plays "long" as in steals and deflections. CCH had 16 TOs.

I was most impressed by the Fredrick kid for CCH. Really composed, made some nice plays around the basket, played real solid D, and hit some shots.

I've been telling people for a while the kid can play. He's coming. CCH came from behind (down 8) and actually took the lead and then battled to the wire with 3 SOPHs on the floor. Great experience for them.

CJ's pull-up game is strong. If he shoots a pull-up inside of 12 to 15 it's going in.

I was impressed with all 3 of the SOPHs tonight.

Aiden's D was a problem for Wilmington. He had 4 steals and a lot of deflections. 5/8 from the field for 10 points.

Mayer didn't score a lot but was so active on the boards and defensively. Kept a lot of balls in play with effort. 6 boards.

Our guy @PurplePride92 got to have a couple of new experiences tonight.

He had his first Skyline cheese coneys (we'll cut him some slack for eating them with a fork).

He also took in his first CCH game. His boy Baby J made the trip as well. Kudos to the parents of that kid. About as pleasant as they come.

I'm having trouble thinking of another kid that's come into Park Hills and had a performance like that.

11/23 overall (5/13 in the first half) 5/8 from 3 and 9/10 from the line.

Different kind of game, but Jack Jennings comes to mind as last guy to have that kind of game in Park Hills. Maybe some in between, but you could count em on one hand.