Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Classing Baseball?

Featured Replies

I know there has been threads about this before, but just seeing what everone is thinking. If its good for football why isn't good for baseball. They just voted today to increase football to six classes. I don't see any negative to going to classes. Kentucky is one of only a couple of states that don't have classes. So there is either 45 or more states doing it wrong or Kentucky is one of a couple doing it correctly? I'm going with the first. All classes would do is create more excitment about the game and make three or four teams state champions. I think its time for the state high school coaches to get something going and get the class thing done. It will promote baseball and get more kids involved and excited about the game.

I think they should class baseball. Maybe not 4 classes, but do two classes. One with 1A and 2A together, and one 3A and 4A together.

Absolutely baseball should be classed. The successes of LCA and Beechwood are atypical when it comes to 99% of the smaller schools in the state. This year's state tournament was broken down as 5 class 4A schools, 2 3A schools and the lone 1A school Beechwood. (As I recall, but the memory does fade at times).

I also think baseball should be classed. If as many schools play baseball as football, why not have 6 state championships? I'm sure the coaches would be for it.

I think there should be classed ball as well. Maybe 2 classes would be sufficient, it would be better than the current system.

Why should there be classing in baseball?

 

Not one class dominates. Besides the past two years a 1a school has been to the championship.

 

All classing does is make 2 state champs.....why wouldn't you want to know and be the best team in KY?

Why should there be classing in baseball?

 

Not one class dominates. Besides the past two years a 1a school has been to the championship.

 

All classing does is make 2 state champs.....why wouldn't you want to know and be the best team in KY?

 

I agree....we all ready have an ALL A Tournament and an overall tournament.

Just because you have a large school does not mean you will have a successful baseball program and vise versa. Successful programs are built through good feeder systems and good coaching.

  • Author

Yes there was a class A school in the last two champion games, but if you go to KHSAA website look and see how many class A schools have won the state in the last 33 years you will see how much a class sytems is needed. There has been 3 class A school during that time that have won state and one of those (LCA) has a little bigger area to get players from the most class A schools. The big thing it would do is generate more excitment about baseball and actually give more than a had full of schools having a chance to win a state crown.

 

There is a good article in the Danville Advacate Messenger sport page about the six classes for football and how all sports in Kentucky should br classed.

Take Danville football, a great football powerhouse (10 state crowns). Tell me how many would they have won if there was no classes in football. So, why in football does Danville have to compete against 50 schools and in baseball they have to compete against 220 schools. Not to fair!!

At times I agree there should be classes, other times I like it the way it is. Baseball is a game played with heart and desire, combined with individual talent and not so much size/power, that is required in Basketball and Football.

 

I'm old school, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"....:thumb:

2 classes would be plenty.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

On any given day anyone can win. That is what is great about baseball. So thats why everyone should be given the shot at an overall title.

Well, have classes and then let the class champs play a single elimination tourney for the overall state championship.

  • Author
Well, have classes and then let the class champs play a single elimination tourney for the overall state championship.

 

 

Sounds like a great idea!!

I would agree with MT and Gt on no more than two classes (if at all). Then I would be for a best 2 of 3 series after the class championships to determine an overall state champion.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.