Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Local "Steelers" Bar to Ban Bengals Fans Wearing Gear

Featured Replies

It is a slippery slope isn't it MTGL, first they ban the Bengals, next they are after X... LOL

 

Not a slippery slope, just doubles their chances I'll never step foot in there again. I would take a "half" of meatball sandwich though if someone wants to bring it to me...and pay for it. It is RIDICULOUS.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not a slippery slope, just doubles their chances I'll never step foot in there again. I would take a "half" of meatball sandwich though if someone wants to bring it to me...and pay for it. It is RIDICULOUS.

I'll bring you a Steelers sweatshirt and we can all meet there after the game. Win/Win

I thought this was a Bengals town. But then again, sometimes its hard to tell if it's a Steelers town. In the summer it often appears to be a Cubs town.

 

Bengals fans need to declare a turf war and reclaim the city.

 

I think you are making a better point for discrimination.

Maybe the Steelers fans shouldn't come into our town and try to start trouble.

Not a slippery slope, just doubles their chances I'll never step foot in there again. I would take a "half" of meatball sandwich though if someone wants to bring it to me...and pay for it. It is RIDICULOUS.

 

You made my case.

 

Doubles their chances...

 

What is next? No Newport Catholics? They have to eat at Pompilios? No Covington Catholics? They have to eat at Giuseppes?

Pretty much every city has bars that are loyal to an out of town team. There's a Bengals place in NYC called Phebe's I've been to a few times before. They play GNR before the game and the fight song after scores and serve Skyline. It's fun. (The last time I went, though, the fan next to us was so upset that the Jaguars were keeping it close I started to feel embarrassed for his wife/fiance. Guy was unhinged. Drinking diet Coke the whole time too. Definitely from the north side of the river.)

 

But, I still won't go into Moerlein after they billed themselves as "Wrigley South." :lol2:

 

And I will continue to not go to Martino's. :lol2:

I'm kind of confused. So Bengals fans can go there but not wear Bengal gear or no Bengal fans in at all on game day?

 

If there's a problem, just do as the pubs in England, NO COLORS.

I think I would have hired extra security for this game because now that it is out that it is a Steelers place and Bengal fans are not welcome .......I think business is going to be down the other 363 days of the year.

Maybe the Steelers fans shouldn't come into our town and try to start trouble.

 

You act like there's 20,000 Steeler fans that drive around the country week-to-week from Pittsburgh to road game sites. They're already there, and they probably have been more than 30 years. A big reason why you can find a Steelers bar in just about any medium-sized city and larger is because Steelers fans left Pittsburgh en masse when the steel plants shut down.

While I fully support the rights of a business in basically every occasion, this is simply not one of them. Just trying to protect them from themselves. There are not enough Steelers fans in Cincy to keep this place up and running.

You made my case.

 

Doubles their chances...

 

What is next? No Newport Catholics? They have to eat at Pompilios? No Covington Catholics? They have to eat at Giuseppes?

 

No Boone County Rebels fans cause their mascot is offensive?

A big reason why you can find a Steelers bar in just about any medium-sized city and larger is because Steelers fans left Pittsburgh en masse when the steel plants shut down.

 

I thought it was because they just really like french fries on their sandwiches.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.