Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Local "Steelers" Bar to Ban Bengals Fans Wearing Gear

Featured Replies

:ohbrother:

 

Local Steelers bar to ban Bengals fan wearing gear, concerns ove - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

 

CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) -

A local restaurant and bar, that’s also considered a Steelers game haven says it will not admit fans wearing Bengals gear for this upcoming game against Pittsburgh.

 

The Angiulli’s family is from Pennsylvania, and they are the owners of Martino’s on Vine. They say decision is because of safety issues.

 

In the past, the business tried to host the fans from the two teams in the establishment. On days the teams played each other, fights broke and the police had to be called. They say they want people to be safe.

 

“We have young kids in here. We have older folks in here. You have two gentleman fighting, you have to worry about the safety of everyone in here,” said manager Marty Angiulli.

 

The owners say they serve everybody and that their restaurant is a family style establishment.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a free speech issue. The bar either needs to hire additional security, police officers if need be, or the city of Cincinnati should revoke their occupational license.

  • Author

Do you lose your 1st amendment rights once you step into a private establishment?

 

I think they reserve the right to refuse service as long as it's not discriminatory.

 

It's stupid though.

So, there's really a Steelers bar in Cincy? I can't open the article for some reason

Bengal Maniac should go down there and set these folks straight on how things are. I mean if Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder could meld together for Ebony and Ivory, surely the two fan bases can coexist.

  • Author
So, there's really a Steelers bar in Cincy? I can't open the article for some reason

 

That's all there is to the article so you're not missing anything else by not opening it.

They're Italian. Got pictures of Franco Harris and Rocky Balboa on the wall is my guess.

First and foremost, a better "half" sandwich in Cincinnati you'll never find.

 

Secondly, while it is a Steelers' bar / restaurant, it also is a UC bar / restaurant.

 

Lastly, I'll never step foot in the place again after a manager there was a complete idiot to me one day at lunch when I was there on a business lunch, in the winter, and had a Xavier basketball coat on. Way beyond funny joking.

 

I miss the "half" sandwich, but I wouldn't spend money there under any circumstance.

First and foremost, a better "half" sandwich in Cincinnati you'll never find.

 

Secondly, while it is a Steelers' bar / restaurant, it also is a UC bar / restaurant.

 

Lastly, I'll never step foot in the place again after a manager there was a complete idiot to me one day at lunch when I was there on a business lunch, in the winter, and had a Xavier basketball coat on. Way beyond funny joking.

 

I miss the "half" sandwich, but I wouldn't spend money there under any circumstance.

Guy sounds like a real peach.
Guy sounds like a real peach.

 

The owner is tolerable, obnoxious, but in a likeable way. This particular manager was an immature clown who needed an attitude correction, and sadly, there with a client, I wasn't in a position to provide one.

First and foremost, a better "half" sandwich in Cincinnati you'll never find.

 

Secondly, while it is a Steelers' bar / restaurant, it also is a UC bar / restaurant.

 

Lastly, I'll never step foot in the place again after a manager there was a complete idiot to me one day at lunch when I was there on a business lunch, in the winter, and had a Xavier basketball coat on. Way beyond funny joking.

 

I miss the "half" sandwich, but I wouldn't spend money there under any circumstance.

 

It is a slippery slope isn't it MTGL, first they ban the Bengals, next they are after X... LOL

 

And for the record everyone, they will never get a penny of my business.

 

When you start discriminating this is exactly what you get.

I thought this was a Bengals town. But then again, sometimes its hard to tell if it's a Steelers town. In the summer it often appears to be a Cubs town.

 

Bengals fans need to declare a turf war and reclaim the city.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.