One Saved Always Saved ???? Can You Be Plucked From God's Hand?

Growing up as a Southern Baptist, we were taught, in no uncertain terms ,"once saved, always saved." It's something that, even back as a Bible-believing Baptist lad, that I had some questions about. There are strong opinions on both sides of the issue and I can quote a plethora of verses that seem to support either view?

Where do you line up on this one?

John 10:28 (Eternal)

Hebrews 6 : 4-6 (Can be Saved, then Lost)

My parents were Baptist and there are six children in our family, and the church was a big part of our lives. My mom was very strict about that. She demanded regular Sunday School and Church attendance.

She also believed in the doctrine of "once saved always saved" . If someone questioned her about it and told her that they believed one could be saved and later fall from grace, she would always reply that, "They weren't saved to begin with, they just thought they were." That usually brought the discussion to a screeching halt, lol.

My parents were Baptist and there are six children in our family, and the church was a big part of our lives. My mom was very strict about that. She demanded regular Sunday School and Church attendance.

She also believed in the doctrine of "once saved always saved" . If someone questioned her about it and told her that they believed one could be saved and later fall from grace, she would always reply that, "They weren't saved to begin with, they just thought they were." That usually brought the discussion to a screeching halt, lol.

Sounds very familiar. :) Thanks for sharing.