Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky @ UCLA Predictions

Kentucky @ UCLA 25 members have voted

  1. 1. Kentucky @ UCLA

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

What is everyone's thoughts and predictions on this one Thurs. night. I think if Ulis doesn't play Cats by 3 in a close one if Tyler does play and at his level Cats by 14.

UK by 4-6, on the road, 2,500 miles from home. They will undoubtedly get UCLA's best shot, and it will be very entertaining, even for those of us with no dog in the fight, but I think UK (with or without Ulis) gets the road win by a narrow margin.

Can anyone give me a rundown on UCLA? Don't know much about what they have.

UCLA is 4-3 with losses to Monmouth and Wake Forest. (Though I'll grant that both Monmoth and Wake have subsequently churned out other wins that make those games more impressive.) I'm not impressed. Ulis or not, Cats should win going away.

I'm concerned after the second half of the USF and last night's game with no Ulis. This isn't going to be a bad USF team on a neutral court or Illinois State at home. This is UCLA at Pauley Pavilion.

Can anyone give me a rundown on UCLA? Don't know much about what they have.

 

Bryce Alford is the 1, solid player, plays a TON of minutes (which could be an issue against a deep UK team), and has not yet found his stroke from 3.

 

Aaron Holiday is a freshman 2-guard who can shoot the lights out.

 

Isaac Hamilton is a 6'5" small forward, not great, shoots it okay, but a liability on the glass.

 

Love Tony Parker, the 6'9" power forward, a senior, and (IMHO) their best and most important player.

 

Thomas Welsh is a 7' sophomore center, solid offensively around the basket, but not a dynamic player.

 

Prince Ali is a 6'3" freshman off the bench, a lot of potential, but this game may be a real test for him.

 

Love Tony Parker, the 6'9" power forward, a senior, and (IMHO) their best and most important player.

 

I guess Poythress would maybe start the game checking him?

Hopefully, Tyler plays. If he does, Kentucky 77-67. If not, Kentucky 72-69.

UK by about 8 or 10 with Ulis. Without him, I think the Cats drop their first game of the year by about 3.

Pauley Pavillion will be rocking Thursday night. They are having a "gold out". This place is usually a mausoleum, but this is the first time Kentucky has played in Westwood. The Lakers are 2-14, this will be the place to be.

 

Briscoe on Alford will be the key matchup, if he can contain him, I like the Cats chances.

Bryce Alford is the 1, solid player, plays a TON of minutes (which could be an issue against a deep UK team), and has not yet found his stroke from 3.

 

Aaron Holiday is a freshman 2-guard who can shoot the lights out.

 

Isaac Hamilton is a 6'5" small forward, not great, shoots it okay, but a liability on the glass.

 

Love Tony Parker, the 6'9" power forward, a senior, and (IMHO) their best and most important player.

 

Thomas Welsh is a 7' sophomore center, solid offensively around the basket, but not a dynamic player.

 

Prince Ali is a 6'3" freshman off the bench, a lot of potential, but this game may be a real test for him.

 

Excellent, it will be interesting to see how they do vs Parker.

I will be in attendance, I was also in attendance at the 2011 Final Four in Houston and the 1998 title game against Arizona. Read into that what you wish.

Isaiah Briscoe is in that younger generation. Only 12 when Wooden passed away, he knows the name for other reasons. “I know they have a Wooden Award, right? Is that him?” Briscoe was honest with reporters after last night’s game, “OK, well I don’t know nothing else about him. Just a different generation.”

I will be in attendance, I was also in attendance at the 2011 Final Four in Houston and the 1998 title game against Arizona. Read into that what you wish.

 

Sorry about your dementia.

I will be in attendance, I was also in attendance at the 2011 Final Four in Houston and the 1998 title game against Arizona. Read into that what you wish.

 

'97.

 

I'm just glad we know who to blame ahead of time if things don't go the Cats way.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.