Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 75 Illinois State 63

Featured Replies

Ok, I know I'm going to get hammered, but oh well, I'm concerned that with Murray, we may have another Harrison. If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand.

 

Murray is in a different stratosphere I feel than either of the Harrisons. RE: Selfish play of the Harrisons, assuming that is what you are alluding to. That is one of the bigger misconceptions of their tenure. I thought they were poor decision makers at times, but not selfish in their play. Countless times they would be passive and be forced into brutal looking shot clock situations... just as Murray and others were last night.

 

I see big time potential with Murray. Deron Williams type. Never saw that with Aaron or Andrew.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to be worried about a decent post presence dominating UK. Skal has skill, but he is way behind the curve. He looks lost and like he should be in high school half the time. Lee has been a pleasant surprise, but I am not going to get overly excited until I see it sustained. He is prone to get in foul trouble against better competition. Can't afford that. Is Humphries not fully recovered from injury?

Kentucky is going to get muscled around in the paint all season. That's their biggest weak spot.

Kentucky is going to get muscled around in the paint all season. That's their biggest weak spot.

 

Truth. Some of that can be alleviated with correct positioning, but the young guys have no concept of it. It may get ugly some games.

Murray is in a different stratosphere I feel than either of the Harrisons. RE: Selfish play of the Harrisons, assuming that is what you are alluding to. That is one of the bigger misconceptions of their tenure. I thought they were poor decision makers at times, but not selfish in their play. Countless times they would be passive and be forced into brutal looking shot clock situations... just as Murray and others were last night.

 

I see big time potential with Murray. Deron Williams type. Never saw that with Aaron or Andrew.

 

Agreed. Murray has the "it" factor, even if he will have some growing pains just like any other freshman. Definitely wasn't a fan of some of the decisions he made last night but when things got stale he was trying to step up and take the game over. Even though it wasn't pretty, that same type of desire is going to be big late in the season.

Truth. Some of that can be alleviated with correct positioning, but the young guys have no concept of it. It may get ugly some games.

 

UK has the weapons to win in other ways but they are in trouble against big guys who are strong and dominant in the paint.

UK has the weapons to win in other ways but they are in trouble against big guys who are strong and dominant in the paint.

 

Simmons may grab more rebounds than the entire UK team when they play LSU. I am worried about Thursday's game.

Simmons may grab more rebounds than the entire UK team when they play LSU. I am worried about Thursday's game.

 

UCLA has a monster in the middle in Tony Parker. He's averaging 14 and 12. 6'9", 260 lbs of brute.

 

He will be tough to handle.

Kentucky is going to get muscled around in the paint all season. That's their biggest weak spot.

I thought UK got outmuscled all over the court not just in the paint. Those ISU players were older, stronger and tougher. They reminded me of some of the old Big East teams. Of course, with the great number of fouls, maybe they tried to assert it too much. I thought Cal was trying to let his team play through it and learn from it, as evidenced by not calling timeouts. I think the team probably learned quite a bit last night....how to be self-sufficient and to cope without Ulis.

Tough for Skal to do anything when Briscoe and Murry wouldn't pass him the ball.

It may just be me, but though Briscoe and Murray are deemed point guards, they do not appear to be play makers. Ulis is a play maker.

You have to be worried about a decent post presence dominating UK. Skal has skill, but he is way behind the curve. He looks lost and like he should be in high school half the time. Lee has been a pleasant surprise, but I am not going to get overly excited until I see it sustained. He is prone to get in foul trouble against better competition. Can't afford that. Is Humphries not fully recovered from injury?

 

Kentucky is going to get muscled around in the paint all season. That's their biggest weak spot.

 

That is why after the Duke game, I couldn't believe people were saying this years team could be better than last years team. This years team by the end of the year may have a more exciting offense, and hopefully can finish the deal unlike last years team. However last years team was so much better than this years version eventually will be. Last years team would win 9 out of 10 times IMO.

 

It doesn't mean I don't like this team. I am very excited about this years team. However I am not going to let the present moment, make me be foolish and forget how crazy good last years team was in all areas.

That is why after the Duke game, I couldn't believe people were saying this years team could be better than last years team. This years team by the end of the year may have a more exciting offense, and hopefully can finish the deal unlike last years team. However last years team was so much better than this years version eventually will be. Last years team would win 9 out of 10 times IMO.

 

It doesn't mean I don't like this team. I am very excited about this years team. However I am not going to let the present moment, make me be foolish and forget how crazy good last years team was in all areas.

Last year's team would be a 12-15 point favorite against this year's team. Especially at this juncture.

It may just be me, but though Briscoe and Murray are deemed point guards, they do not appear to be play makers. Ulis is a play maker.

 

Briscoe and Murray will both be point guards in the NBA. Just not quite ready to run a team yet, and they haven't really been pushed to do so because Ulis is on the roster...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.