Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 75 Illinois State 63

Featured Replies

Final. Different team without Ulis. 29-46 from the line. Move to 7-0 will have to play better Thurs. I think the Bruins will be somewhat motivated after last year's game.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Illinois State is pretty decent but UK looks rough without Ulis

17 missed free throws. Middle School kids can do better than that.

Now we have seen what Ulis means to / does for this team. I knew there would be a fall off but Wow, was it ever evident.

Aside from that, this one will be one that was needed in that they need to learn to play without Ulis in the lineup should they have to later on in the season be it by foul trouble or injury. The 1st half was ugly, much improvement in the 2nd until around the 6min. mark or so. Then they looked lazy on running the offense, passing, etc.. Free Throws have to improve. I thought that Lee did an excellent job on the boards tonight. Skal needs to not be so timid and step it up / demand the ball. 2 pts. from him is terrible. Partially in his defense, they weren't doing a good job of getting him the ball but I still thought he played timid.

A good thing is that this is only 7 games in on the schedule, a long way to go and imo this bunch will do nothing but improve. The attitude seems good, they want to get better.

 

UCLA out there on Thursday and as another said earlier, I would say that the Bruins have had this one circled for quite a while. Also, being out on the west coast, I wouldn't look for a very good whistle / calls in this one. I hope not but usually when any eastern team visits the coast... getting call is sometimes limited.

 

7-0 .... GO Cats !

Painful to watch

 

How many turnovers did Briscoe have?

Ok, I know I'm going to get hammered, but oh well, I'm concerned that with Murray, we may have another Harrison. If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand.

No need to lose sleep on this one. Tons of learning to take place between now.......and March

I'm not a UK fan by any means but I did catch some of the game (as I did a few games earlier this year).

 

UK is different without Ullis. The offense seems out of sync without him on the floor. I think part of Skal's problem tonight was that Ullis wasn't there getting him the ball in good situations.

 

With that said, Ullis being on the floor wouldn't have helped their FT shooting. Shooting 63% from the charity stripe will not cut it against better teams.

 

But a win is a win. Congrats to the UK fans on here.

Luckily they got something like 47 FT's to 10 or it would have been a loss.

Ok, I know I'm going to get hammered, but oh well, I'm concerned that with Murray, we may have another Harrison. If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand.

 

Which Harrison? Enlighten me, I am not sure where you are going.

Ok, I know I'm going to get hammered, but oh well, I'm concerned that with Murray, we may have another Harrison. If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand.

 

I know where you're going with it. I don't agree but I won't hammer you for it.

 

He's a young player and I think Cal will continue to work with him on his shot selection at times. The biggest difference is Murray can beat people off the bounce much better in my opinion.

Edited by MJAlltheWay24

I was a little surprised how they looked without Ulis but I think it was a good learning experience for guys like Briscoe and I think after a rough start, he started to adapt better.

 

How about Marcus Lee's performance? Double Double. The % of offensive rebounds that he gets is unreal.

Which Harrison? Enlighten me, I am not sure where you are going.

 

Like I said, if I have to explain, never mind. Just my oponion, hopefully I'm wrong.

F

I know where you're going with it. I don't agree but I won't hammer you for it.

 

He's a young player and I think Cal will continue to work with him on his shot selection at times. The biggest difference is Murray can beat people off the bounce but better in my opinion.[/quote)

 

Ty for the NO HAMMER, and by your comment I can tell you know where I was going. I agree with your response as well.

Edited by rookie57
Grammar

Like I said, if I have to explain, never mind. Just my oponion, hopefully I'm wrong.

 

Alrighty then....

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.