Mark Richt Fired

D-Rob

Wouldn't be surprised at all if he doesn't even take a job.

I feel the same way. I imagine he is open to retirement. Also I believe Georgia welcomed him to another position with the school if he wants it. I could see him taking up that offer or retiring before taking on another coaching job.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel the same way. I imagine he is open to retirement. Also I believe Georgia welcomed him to another position with the school if he wants it. I could see him taking up that offer or retiring before taking on another coaching job.

He's a likable enough guy who would probably do quite well on TV if he chose to.

Paul Finebaum thinks he could go into some form of ministry. He talks about it all the time when this was brought up

Not surprised, no one underachived more than Richt. UGA was the only top tier SEC program UK routinely competed with. Years of losses to Florida and UT and in the same span multiple wins over Richt and UGA.

Yeah Kentucky's two wins over Richt were dominant! Since he's been at Georgia UK has beaten UGA 2 times and UT 1 time...not a whole of difference there. Average game has been 40-20 over that span.

Only 1 loss in last 6 games to Tennessee, but Florida has been his stumbling block (3-3 since 2010) with an overall record against the Gators of 5-10.

I say all of that to say this, he has been successful...but in todays world 10+ wins in more seasons than not just isn't enough anymore.