Will Male score 70 against Lafayette?

theguru

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defense has indeed been an issue with Lafayette. The secondary has not been challenged very much and is susceptible to big passing plays. The front line has been porous at times. When Jedrick Wills and Landon Young play both sides of the ball, then the story changes and the defense becomes a lot more stout. But playing both offense and defense is sure to wear them down by the 4th quarter.

If they play defense like they did in the second half of the SK game then they have a shot at making it a game. If they don't then it should be an easy win for Male.

Lafayette has grown tremendously since they played Trinity -- that was something of a wakeup call for them. But even so, they've been inconsistent and are prone to getting into trouble due to penalties, the occasional turnover, and a woeful kicking game.

They will have to play the perfect game, and Male will have to make many mistakes, for Lafayette to have a chance to win, though I honestly don't see that happening. Male may very well score 70, but I don't expect Lafayette to get shut out like Central Hardin.

Yes Lousiville 6-A is the SEC

LExington & NKY are the BIG10 BIG12.

Male will score faster than anyone they have seen all year

Male and Trinity are SEC, St. X sometimes. Manual good but not great, Dont think PRP, Eastern, Ballard, Jeffersontown, Butler, Seneca are SEC.

Based on the behavior of Lafayette at SK, the question might be asked, "How many people want Male to score 70?"

I was there and it was not unprovoked. You can't force a high school team to stand right next to rowdy fans of the opposing team and not expect some adversity. The blame goes both ways and this has not been an issue elsewhere this entire season.

On the opposite side of the field, the Lafayette fans did not harass the SK bench and there were no problems -- go figure.

I doubt Male will get 70 points. They are capable of it, but the Male defense is the best in state. All season they have allowed an average of 5.6 points per game and given up only 79 points total, 56 of those coming from 3 meetings with Trinity and St. X.

Trinity scored 70 because Lafayette's kickoff returns staved off the running clock giving Trinity much more time to score. Then once Trinity had the running clock, their JV was also putting up points. I think Lafayette has definitely improved since that game, but I would predict stingier defense from Male - thus an earlier running clock - and fewer JV scores.