Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 74 Duke 63

Featured Replies

  • Replies 163
  • Views 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Duke has good wings, but doesn't have a point guard. UK has three. That's a major difference...

Who misses the Harrison's?

 

Like them or not. This team went to the final four twice with them and was runner up one of those years.

I loved how Duke had the UK centered on their jerseys

Anyway, back to PP92 and this years Duke team. This team has a long way to go. When your best 2 players combine for 10 points you wont win. That was the problem with the Duke teams that have been bounced from round 1 in the past couple of years. Jabari Parker/Austin Rivers got shut down the team folded. That is the team we are looking at with Duke this year.

Duke has good wings, but doesn't have a point guard. UK has three. That's a major difference...

 

I had hope that Grayson would be like Scheyer the year that they won it all where he is a SG but playing PG, but I dont see it out of him.

Fun game. Did a lot of great things and have a lot of things to fix. Both teams will get better as the year goes on too.

 

Go cats!

Anyway, back to PP92 and this years Duke team. This team has a long way to go. When your best 2 players combine for 10 points you wont win. That was the problem with the Duke teams that have been bounced from round 1 in the past couple of years. Jabari Parker/Austin Rivers got shut down the team folded. That is the team we are looking at with Duke this year.

 

Teams that also lacked high end PG play...

I had hope that Grayson would be like Scheyer the year that they won it all where he is a SG but playing PG, but I dont see it out of him.

 

Scheyer at least had some combo guard to his game. Allen? Not so much...

Kentucky was just better than Duke. In some ways, I like this year's team even better than last year although I think last year was more talented and better from top to bottom.

Teams that also lacked high end PG play...

 

Do you think Thorton can be a high end PG? I know he missed all of summer finishing up classes to be able to play, I seen some signs from him tonight that gives me some hope, but he is still missing basically a full year of basketball to play in college.

Duke has good wings, but doesn't have a point guard. UK has three. That's a major difference...

 

That was my main takeaway from Duke. I think you have to give the keys to Thornton.

That was my main takeaway from Duke. I think you have to give the keys to Thornton.

 

Basically what I said in game thread. I think K has to bite the bullet and just let him take his lumps now and hope he is ready ACC time.

What I love about UK's guards is their fearlessness. Ulis is the leader, but Briscoe and Murray are tough too.

 

Liked what Lee and Poythress brought tonight. AP was really active on the boards in the 2nd half.

 

As others have said, we need rebounding work and have to reel in the dumb fouls, but the effort by the Cats was outstanding.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.