Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cam’s dancing is causing way too much consternation

Featured Replies

Some people like celebrations some don't. Neither is right or wrong.

 

I personally like things like the guys like LaDainian Tomlinson. Toss the ball to the ref and go on.

 

But I also like the Lambeau Leap, probably because everyone in the team does it and it's meant to interact with the fans.

 

Never been a big fan of the individual look at me celebrations, but it doesn't bother me.

 

Folks better get used to it. He's a very good QB and you're gonna see a lot of it.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Guess I'll be the one to say it... Sure Cam can celebrate, but in the eyes of the opposing team it was too drawn out.

In case Cam hasn't been paying attention, the NFL is full of "unbalanced" people. If he does it to the wrong guy or team, he's just asking for some cheap shots especially being a running QB.

 

I've been around many current and former NFL players and I've heard many stories about how they think about being respected and disrespected...

 

I like Cam too, but won't shock me if he gets taken out with dirty hits and late contact at some point if he keeps it up.

 

That doesn't make it right on the part of the perpetrator, but there are many guys that will do it if an opportunity arises.

 

Ultimately it is a NFL issue.

 

And I hear you on the players, some of them are still about 17 mentally speaking.

.....you best curb this mess immediately and start rollin' back to your roots

 

What's her hair and gray got to do with this?:idunno:

Gee, nobody objected to Cam's dancing when he was losing those first few years!

I have no problem with it and the mother sounds like an idiot. That being said, I don't want my QB intentionally ticking off the defensive players. Just does not seem real smart to me...

I don't know if any of you have seen the Key and Peele skit about excessive celebration, but if you haven't give it a watch :lol2:

[ATTACH]53210[/ATTACH]

 

Not even close to the same level. Had Cam's dance been 1/5th the time it would have been comparable and there would be nothing said.

This is the true representation of where our society is in 2015. Dancing? We're talking about dancing? The only "offensive" thing that could come from Cam's dancing is taunting, maybe. The mom also said she would rather her child watch the Titans cheerleaders, than Cam Newton. If you've been to an NFL game and seen the cheerleaders you know how absolutely insane that sounds. Keep dancing Cam.

  • Author

^ I just thought it was a funny meme.

For the record I'm in camp you don't like him stop him. I love celebrations . Period.

 

I would add though if I were the Panthers I wouldn't feel comfortable with my QB making himself a target for a cheap shot , if defenders felt he was trying to show them up. That would be my only worry.

 

 

The other thing I would like to add and it's not directed to anyone in this thread but a few in the media. Those making this a race thing are just being dumb.

 

Kannel and Russilo said it best today it's all about winning when a QB wins a title no one questions them , if they haven't won yet they are held under a microscope. Qb position is just different.

 

Example Tony Romo on a bye week a few years ago goes to Mexico or something with his girlfriend at the time and is blasted for weeks for not having what it takes to win. Russel Wilson does the same thing this year with Ciara you barley hear a peep.

 

QB's who have won get a bigger leash than those who haven't.

Not even close to the same level. Had Cam's dance been 1/5th the time it would have been comparable and there would be nothing said.

 

I don't know. Aaron doesn't do it anymore but he used to do it all of the time a couple of years ago. The point of the meme is that it is cute when some guys do it. When Cam does it then it's a problem. Shouldn't be like that.

For the record I'm in camp you don't like him stop him. I love celebrations . Period.

 

I would add though if I were the Panthers I wouldn't feel comfortable with my QB making himself a target for a cheap shot , if defenders felt he was trying to show them up. That would be my only worry.

 

 

The other thing I would like to add and it's not directed to anyone in this thread but a few in the media. Those making this a race thing are just being dumb.

 

Kannel and Russilo said it best today it's all about winning when a QB wins a title no one questions them , if they haven't won yet they are held under a microscope. Qb position is just different.

 

Example Tony Romo on a bye week a few years ago goes to Mexico or something with his girlfriend at the time and is blasted for weeks for not having what it takes to win. Russel Wilson does the same thing this year with Ciara you barley hear a peep.

 

QB's who have won get a bigger leash than those who haven't.

 

Brady does stuff like that also and you don't hear a peep then either.

Brady does stuff like that also and you don't hear a peep then either.

 

Brady gets a pass because he wins and it's assumed everything he does leads to that winning. Same is probably true for Rodgers.

 

But I mean are there any QB'S criticized more than Dalton and Romo who both have played at a pretty high level for a majority of their career.

I don't know. Aaron doesn't do it anymore but he used to do it all of the time a couple of years ago. The point of the meme is that it is cute when some guys do it. When Cam does it then it's a problem. Shouldn't be like that.

 

But again it's also the position, athletes at every position have celebrations equal to or crazier than Cam's. Qb's are held to a different standard right or wrong.

 

If you remember CAM got criticized a few years ago for the supermarn celebration. But it wasn't because he celebrated its because he was doing it when his teams were getting crushed and losing. The criticism was win something first. Again right or wrong. Rodgers title thing was a quick celebration and he won basically from the start.

 

Like I said I personally don't care if Cam celebrates. Heck if I were him I'd go even crazier.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.