November 19, 201510 yr I don't know. Aaron doesn't do it anymore but he used to do it all of the time a couple of years ago. The point of the meme is that it is cute when some guys do it. When Cam does it then it's a problem. Shouldn't be like that. I'm sorry PP... I want to agree with you here, but as long as you have that avatar...I just can't take your comments serious for awhile... Don't make anymore bets because I enjoy your posts.
November 19, 201510 yr Author I don't know. Aaron doesn't do it anymore but he used to do it all of the time a couple of years ago. The point of the meme is that it is cute when some guys do it. When Cam does it then it's a problem. Shouldn't be like that. Agree. If Cam is within the rules then it is a non-issue unless people make it an issue and then the only issue that comes to mind is some type of racial issue with anyone making it an issue. If it is anything else, I don't see it. Anyone?
November 19, 201510 yr Agree. If Cam is within the rules then it is a non-issue unless people make it an issue and then the only issue that comes to mind is some type of racial issue with anyone making it an issue. If it is anything else, I don't see it. Anyone? I don't think it is a racial issue but it may be. I think that for whatever reason people don't like Cam Newton and he will always be scrutinized.
November 19, 201510 yr But again it's also the position, athletes at every position have celebrations equal to or crazier than Cam's. Qb's are held to a different standard right or wrong. If you remember CAM got criticized a few years ago for the supermarn celebration. But it wasn't because he celebrated its because he was doing it when his teams were getting crushed and losing. The criticism was win something first. Again right or wrong. Rodgers title thing was a quick celebration and he won basically from the start. Like I said I personally don't care if Cam celebrates. Heck if I were him I'd go even crazier. I'm not arguing that. I'm just saying that Rodgers used to celebrate a ton of the time also. I love all celebrations. Especially the ones that draw flags. :lol2:
November 19, 201510 yr Brady gets a pass because he wins and it's assumed everything he does leads to that winning. Same is probably true for Rodgers. But I mean are there any QB'S criticized more than Dalton and Romo who both have played at a pretty high level for a majority of their career. I've always felt Romo is unfairly criticized. Dalton's criticisms have been fair IMO.
November 19, 201510 yr Author I don't think it is a racial issue but it may be. I think that for whatever reason people don't like Cam Newton and he will always be scrutinized. Absent any other more compelling theories it is hard to dismiss.
November 19, 201510 yr I'm sorry PP... I want to agree with you here, but as long as you have that avatar...I just can't take your comments serious for awhile... Don't make anymore bets because I enjoy your posts. It'll be hard. I love to gamble. They got me good on the avatar. I can't take myself seriously. :lol2:
November 19, 201510 yr Absent any other more compelling theories it is hard to dismiss. No argument there. It is hard to dismiss and it very well could be. These days I don't know what is and isn't racist anymore.
November 19, 201510 yr Author No argument there. It is hard to dismiss and it very well could be. These days I don't know what is and isn't racist anymore. With Bevin crying wolf I agree.
November 19, 201510 yr I don't know. Aaron doesn't do it anymore but he used to do it all of the time a couple of years ago. The point of the meme is that it is cute when some guys do it. When Cam does it then it's a problem. Shouldn't be like that. You would have an argument if Rodgers did it for several seconds. Celebrating is one thing, going on and on is moronic.
November 19, 201510 yr You would have an argument if Rodgers did it for several seconds. Celebrating is one thing, going on and on is moronic. Aaron Rodgers is my second favorite football player of all time. I guarantee when he was at the top of his Discount Double Check fame he was doing all of the time and was antagonizing with it on more than one occasion. I loved every second of it. I miss it. Him posing with his belt is still one of my avatars for my fantasy football team.
November 19, 201510 yr Aaron Rodgers is my second favorite football player of all time. I guarantee when he was at the top of his Discount Double Check fame he was doing all of the time and was antagonizing with it on more than one occasion. I loved every second of it. I miss it. Him posing with his belt is still one of my avatars for my fantasy football team. I know he did it all the time but it was a couple second celebration, that's my point. I like him too but I was never a fan of it. Now if he took 7 seconds like Cam and did it over and over and over it would be comparable. It's the prolonged "look at me I'm somebody" celebrations I don't like. I liked Icky Woods but didn't like the dance until he took it over to the sideline. I think that was league mandated if I remember correctly.
November 20, 201510 yr Cam just thought the defender missed it, so he ran it back for him. Very thoughtful... :idunno:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.