Georgia 27 Kentucky 3

Randy Parker

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

UK's woes are far deeper than just the QB position. Barker comes in, throws a bullet on his first pass attempt, and Baker drops it.

Offensive line is weak, play calling is very inconsistent, receivers drop too many passes, and PT struggles with accuracy.

I said in the update thread that I felt bad for the defense. They played well enough to win, but the offense makes their job much more difficult.

This is the time for a QB change. These next 2 games are the ones people have been pointing towards as the wins to get them to 6. If they lose, they can say it was because of the QB change. You lose either of these next 2 with Pat and if will be bad.

UK's woes are far deeper than just the QB position. Barker comes in, throws a bullet on his first pass attempt, and Baker drops it.

Offensive line is weak, play calling is very inconsistent, receivers drop too many passes, and PT struggles with accuracy.

I said in the update thread that I felt bad for the defense. They played well enough to win, but the offense makes their job much more difficult.

Agreed. Easy to put it all on the QB spot, but things are much, much deeper than that.

At this point, I really don't know what would be lost by giving the Barker the nod, but like all of us, I'm not there every day and in the fire to really know.

Evidently the coaches have a reason they're not playing Barker, but I would think if you're losing every race with the same greyhound that one would finally decide to try using another hound.

Not exactly true. I think they wanted to show Towles they were fully behind him so he didn't have to worry about one mistake costing him his job. However if has gotten the point now to where they have to do what is best for the team and that is to possibly change qbs.

I agree that there are other problems than just Towles. But Barker hasn't been given a chance. You can't evaluate him off from a few passes, which is all the coaching staff has given him. In garbage minutes when the games were already decided.

What if they gave him an opportunity to play the entire second half against Georgia. Then we would know much more about where he is at this point.

Some of the other problems could be, masked, if you will, by having a competent qb. Play calling could change, the defense would spend less time on the field, etc. There is no simple fix to the oline play, but a qb that knows when to throw it away or run would help some.

Basically what I'm getting at is the defense has held its own, but spends so much time on the field that it doesn't have a chance to look decent in the second half of games. Play calling is bad, but when you have an inconsistent qb (although he is trending toward consistently bad) its hard to run the plays you would like to run. Also, with a more consistent passing game, it opens up the running game.

Like I said before though, Barker may not be the solution. But how would we know, since the staff hasnt given him a chance?

Evidently the coaches have a reason they're not playing Barker, but I would think if you're losing every race with the same greyhound that one would finally decide to try using another hound.

I'm beginning to think Dawson doesn't want him to play at this point because if he does well Dawson looks like an idiot. I seriously can't think of any other reason why he didn't get in earlier today other than that.

I agree that there are other problems than just Towles. But Barker hasn't been given a chance. You can't evaluate him off from a few passes, which is all the coaching staff has given him. In garbage minutes when the games were already decided.

What if they gave him an opportunity to play the entire second half against Georgia. Then we would know much more about where he is at this point.

Some of the other problems could be, masked, if you will, by having a competent qb. Play calling could change, the defense would spend less time on the field, etc. There is no simple fix to the oline play, but a qb that knows when to throw it away or run would help some.

Basically what I'm getting at is the defense has held its own, but spends so much time on the field that it doesn't have a chance to look decent in the second half of games. Play calling is bad, but when you have an inconsistent qb (although he is trending toward consistently bad) its hard to run the plays you would like to run. Also, with a more consistent passing game, it opens up the running game.

Like I said before though, Barker may not be the solution. But how would we know, since the staff hasnt given him a chance?

I'm not opposed to a QB change at all. Perhaps if Barker is given a chance, he'll be an upgrade, but I am skeptical. The offense has problems everywhere, especially when we're Boom-less.

Not exactly true. I think they wanted to show Towles they were fully behind him so he didn't have to worry about one mistake costing him his job. However if has gotten the point now to where they have to do what is best for the team and that is to possibly change qbs.

ONE mistake? Seriously?

I'm not opposed to a QB change at all. Perhaps if Barker is given a chance, he'll be an upgrade, but I am skeptical. The offense has problems everywhere, especially when we're Boom-less.

I'm skeptical too, but honestly how worse than 3-13 and an interception can you be in a half? That's why I'd like to see the staff hold up the their statements early on where they said Barker would get his chance. Seriously what could it hurt at this point? Towles wont get this team toba bowl game.