Ben Carson lied about West Point scholarship

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rough couple of days for Dr Carson and his credibility. Something came out yesterday about him changing the story about some stabbing story from his youth.

Yes, about a week or two it was posted that he mentioned the stabbing in 3 or 4 of his books, but the details very in each book.

Someone from the Baltimore police said that the story of the robbery was not true.

Serious question, if this hurts his poll numbers, where do his supporters turn to? Trump or?

From what I have heard this morning is that Dr. Carson, being young and naive, misunderstood what was being said to him. The General was explaining entrance to West Point, but the youthful B. Carson was hearing something else. Which, from having a lot of association with teens, I can see that point. If that is the case, nothing to these accusations, if not, then the Dr. will some explaining to do.

The issue isn't so much that Carson might have misunderstood details of his alleged meeting with Westmoreland in the late '60s. The claim that he was accepted into West Point with a full scholarship was made in 1990 in his book "Gifted Hands." So he had 20-plus years to get the story right ... and he didn't.

Lucky we cleared up honestly doesnt matter when discussing Hillary and the story she told to the parents of the Benghazi victims . And that my friends is exactly why I was trying to put democrats on the record as discerning their views towards honesty .

Old Ben must be doing OK , the libs are digging like a super sized John Deere .

Yes, about a week or two it was posted that he mentioned the stabbing in 3 or 4 of his books, but the details very in each book.

Someone from the Baltimore police said that the story of the robbery was not true.

Serious question, if this hurts his poll numbers, where do his supporters turn to? Trump or?

Won't hurt his numbers a bit. Republican's are the same as the Democrats ignoring Hillary's myriad of lies, they just want a candidate who can win in 2016. It won't matter what type of baggage they come with.

Wait a minute... I thought everyone at West Point was essentially on scholarship. Isn't it 100 percent paid for to every student who goes there?

I guess the hang-up is that his statement implies he was accepted to West Point. But, like others said above, it's splitting hairs over semantics. What he says he would do as president ought to be enough to determine his fit for office.

I guess the hang-up is that his statement implies he was accepted to West Point. But, like others said above, it's splitting hairs over semantics. What he says he would do as president ought to be enough to determine his fit for office.

Yeah don't get me wrong, I wouldn't vote for him West Point or not.