Waggener @ Boyle County

Rebel

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is pretty comical if you think about it. People posting about how fast their players are in comparison to another team that they watched on a laptop. When I watch games on film it looks totally different in person. The WR Corp at LC is defiantly in the discussion with all of the great ones in the state of KY. I said earlier this Spring that this is the best Corp of Wide outs (1-6) that LC has ever had and I stand by that. I also said JJ should be an All State WR and I stand by that. All of the balance and overall team success isn't strictly on speed. These young men run routes again and again and again. The amount of attention that is taught in our execution is drilled to them in practice. For us to have that kind of success at WR with three different Quarterbacks behind center is a major accomplishment. So yes speed helps Waggner fans, but what good is 4.3 or 4.4 if you can't execute. And to say "way" faster than JJ Ogbogu is a flat out lie at high school level.

And I tip my hat to you Jack for complimenting Joseph like that. Thanks - LEX

The head coaches tonight are two of my favorite people. I worked with Coach Smith at Mercer in the 80s. Coach Johnson (Bulldog) started as a freshman on my first team at Mason in 1996. If your son is playing for either one of these guys, what a blessing!

David Buchanan

This is pretty comical if you think about it. People posting about how fast their players are in comparison to another team that they watched on a laptop. When I watch games on film it looks totally different in person. The WR Corp at LC is defiantly in the discussion with all of the great ones in the state of KY. I said earlier this Spring that this is the best Corp of Wide outs (1-6) that LC has ever had and I stand by that. I also said JJ should be an All State WR and I stand by that. All of the balance and overall team success isn't strictly on speed. These young men run routes again and again and again. The amount of attention that is taught in our execution is drilled to them in practice. For us to have that kind of success at WR with three different Quarterbacks behind center is a major accomplishment. So yes speed helps Waggner fans, but what good is 4.3 or 4.4 if you can't execute. And to say "way" faster than JJ Ogbogu is a flat out lie at high school level.

And I tip my hat to you Jack for complimenting Joseph like that. Thanks - LEX

He's probably the best I've seen since Jacob Tamme played for Boyle and we all know that Jacob is in the NFL, I'm not saying Joseph will have that kind of success and I've not seen all the receivers that have played in KY over the past 30 years it's just my opinion that Mr Ogbogu is the best receiver in the state this season.

I was at the Central vs Waggener game mid season. Waggener has some SERIOUS speed. They gave us all we could handle till the 2nd half when we opened it up with a pick 6 and some other big defensive plays. I really hope to see Boyle at Central next weekend but would not be shocked at all if its Waggener we are hosting. Overlook them at your own peril.

Final statement: In my opinion Waggener has 4 WR's and 1 RB that is faster than the 1 fast player (#3) I watched on on video. Maybe not by much but still faster. Of course that is to say not sure how fast the Boyle team really is.

Waggener's speed is by far Boyle's biggest concern. I agree with your original statement that Waggener is a faster team than Lex Cath.

#9 Very, very, very fast-excellent player-D1 offers

#1, #5, #21: great speed and skill

Waggener's speed is by far Boyle's biggest concern. I agree with your original statement that Waggener is a faster team than Lex Cath.

#9 Very, very, very fast-excellent player-D1 offers

#1, #5, #21: great speed and skill

If I am not mistaken 3 of those players were used both ways against us.

Please don't start with the 40 times !!!! Do you know how many legitimate 4.3 40 guys there are playing right now ?

I can't speak to the 40 times other then #9 Jairus Brents. There is a reason UK offered him as 7th grader, and why he is the #2 cornerback in the country for class of 2018 with multiple D1 offers. Young man is a player.

I can't speak to the 40 times other then #9 Jairus Brents. There is a reason UK offered him as 7th grader, and why he is the #2 cornerback in the country for class of 2018 with multiple D1 offers. Young man is a player.

He is a player . I'll give you that but I don't think he's the #2 corner in that nation for that class.