Waggener @ Boyle County

Rebel

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read somewhere that there were three transfers for Waggner.

Throw out the film and everything you thought about this team before the transfers. They can play and this will not be a runaway kind of game unless they get Boyle County's best. I think the Rebel seniors flex their muscles in the second half.....

By all indications, Boyle has had a great week of practice. Overall health is improving and that it good news.

Boyle's defense has been great, especially against the run. I think Waggener struggles to move the ball on the ground. Boyle has been suspect to the long ball all year long. Hopefully, the Rebels defense keeps receivers in front of them.

Boyle's offense is the real question. I think with team health improving, Boyle will open it up a bit more and get a little swagger back in the offense.

Boyle County 35

Waggener 14

By all indications, Boyle has had a great week of practice. Overall health is improving and that it good news.

Boyle's defense has been great, especially against the run. I think Waggener struggles to move the ball on the ground. Boyle has been suspect to the long ball all year long. Hopefully, the Rebels defense keeps receivers in front of them.

Boyle's offense is the real question. I think with team health improving, Boyle will open it up a bit more and get a little swagger back in the offense.

Boyle County 35

Waggener 14

This is my thinking exactly. :thumb:

To set the record straight, they had a total of 7 transfers, 2 of which no longer are on the team. Have they made an impact this season, yes. But the biggest change has been the coaching staff that left Manual and has revitalized the entire school with their positive attitude, mentoring, and of course football coaching ability. They finished the season last year with 20 kids participating in the 1st round. Looking at KHSAA they have 30 plus players listed and 21 seniors, the same seniors that went 1-10 the previous year. I hope Boyle County is ready, I have seen Waggener and they are big as well as fast (I would bet Boyle has not played a team all year this fast and yeah I have watched Boyle vs Lex Cath on prepspin.com, Waggener is way faster at all 4 WR and RB positions.) Boyle is the most fundamentally sound team I have watched all year with the exception of Male/T or X at 6A. Im off the soap box, just my 2 cents. Hope both teams play to their abilities and the best team wins.

To set the record straight, they had a total of 7 transfers, 2 of which no longer are on the team. Have they made an impact this season, yes. But the biggest change has been the coaching staff that left Manual and has revitalized the entire school with their positive attitude, mentoring, and of course football coaching ability. They finished the season last year with 20 kids participating in the 1st round. Looking at KHSAA they have 30 plus players listed and 21 seniors, the same seniors that went 1-10 the previous year. I hope Boyle County is ready, I have seen Waggener and they are big as well as fast (I would bet Boyle has not played a team all year this fast and yeah I have watched Boyle vs Lex Cath on prepspin.com, Waggener is way faster at all 4 WR and RB positions.) Boyle is the most fundamentally sound team I have watched all year with the exception of Male/T or X at 6A. Im off the soap box, just my 2 cents. Hope both teams play to their abilities and the best team wins.

All I can say to this is wow! Two kids came from Manual correct? One of which has offers from UK and UL, so I don't think "we just coached the guys we inherited up" works in this situation. The question I would have out of their transfers how many have made an immediate impact?

All I can say to this is wow! Two kids came from Manual correct? One of which has offers from UK and UL, so I don't think "we just coached the guys we inherited up" works in this situation. The question I would have out of their transfers how many have made an immediate impact?

So you are saying the only reason this team is winning is because of two players? Have you ever played or watched football? 2 people can not win a football game. People are so hung up on these transfers they give no credit to players that were there before or the coaches. The transfers that everyone is talking have made an impact but they are only 4 kids 2 of which have only played in 3 games. So if you think you can take those 4 kids by themselves and win with no other players you're welcome to try but you're going to be very disappointed. 82% of the starters on this team were on the team last year. So next time you want call foul because a kid transfers (which happens every year with the same numbers) or you want to question the coaching job a staff has done (and this staff has done something incredible coaching these kids up) you should get a quick football lesson from someone who knows something about the sport.

Edited by Carpe15
Sentence missing words didn't make sense

Harpers - yes, Immediate impact I would say 1 of the transfers is a game changer. The rest are really good players that have bought into the scheme and team concept. Discipline and direction was lacking in the program in the past and the new staff has given them a direction to follow. They only have 4 coaches on their staff, show me a team that has done more with less with that type of turn around. I am a die hard "Manual Crimson for life", but I will support Coach Johnson and his staff for the great stuff they did while at Manual. Go Waggener wildcats, out!!!

Great opportunity to also insert Principal Zeitz - academics and athletics are starting to excel under her leadership. First it was a resurgence in basketball and now football. Wishing both Harper boys nothing but the best tonight in addition to the rest of the WHS team and coaches.

We all know Boyle will be tough tonight but this one could be ultra competitive with the Wildcats showing serious improvement throughout the season.

Very interesting first round game.

I can't tell if this is delusion or just downright dishonesty?